Croatia 2021: Albina - Tick-Tock

On sober re-watch I'm loving this camp little joy. The bit where the text on the background screen just says 'Oh nooooooo!' cracks me up :D

Best Croat entry since, well, Nina.

Speaking of Nina, her song was a pretty good Big Balkan Ballad, but I think the better song ultimately won.

And here's Bernarda with perennial internal selection reject Colours.

I can see the idea behind that stage show, but it looks quite crap in execution.

I absolutely love the winner- it sounds and looks like it will do very well? I’m surprised there’s not more fanfare

Oh I’m not that bothered by it actually, it’s only better than ISRAEL for me so far. It’s a huge step up on last years rather bland effort but they are in what once again looks like an extremely strong first semi-final. There’s already Lithuania and Ukraine in that semi, both of which are upbeat but are a bit more distinct from the usual pop song and will have their own audiences rather than splitting the uptempo vote. This, added with an upbeat entry from Cyprus, a more than likely an upbeat entry from Azerbaijan and maybe even Dotter thrown into the mix has made me think that this will more than likely get lost in the mix come Rotterdam.

It'd be nice for Croatia if it qualified, but honestly let's just keep stacking the decks with bangers! I'm all for the filler entries being primarily uptempo this (or any) year!

Speaking of Nina, her song was a pretty good Big Balkan Ballad, but I think the better song ultimately won.

I love a BBB, but this is just tuneless WAILING!
It would certainly seem the right song won :D

Quite likely that Tick Tock will get lost in the mix, but happy to have it. It’s a really good addition.

This isn't the best bop we've ever heard but I wouldn't have expected to have Croatia as my favourite even at this early stage with only six songs known, so in that respect I'm quite impressed!

This gets better and better with every listen. The horns are very MARUV. This feels like the best Croatian entry since Claudia Beni dared to dream a dream with Vise Nivem Tvoja. I’ve done some research on why this may be and it appears that Tick Tock is guided by the scientific principle that the Balkan girls DO like to party-party.

can’t wait to give this SEVEN POINTS in the Moopy 2021 rate of 2037 :disco:

I know we're only a few songs in, but this is smashing it in terms of YouTube views. It really is a bit of a banger.

I've been rewatching the National Final and can we take a minute to admire this BELTER with a circa 1999-2002 pop diva outfit combo and choreo? :disco:

This one's a song of two halves for me. Whenever it comes on I think "I love this verse, why can't I place what this song is?". And then it gets to the pretty rubbish chorus and I press skip.

I think this is the song that will make me the most sad if it doesn't qualify. It just feels like it's been caught up by an incredibly strong year for female-fronted uptempos.

I think this is the song that will make me the most sad if it doesn't qualify. It just feels like it's been caught up by an incredibly strong year for female-fronted uptempos.
Yes agree it's not had that much attention which is a shame because it's great! I'm hoping for an out of the water "where did THAT come from" performance (but don't think we'll get it)

I do LIKE IT but it’s my least fave of the female BANGERS.

I worry it’ll qualify over the likes of BELGIUM or LESLEY! :D

I still place this in my top 5 and with Croatia not having the best record, it's one of the songs I'm most rooting for to just sneak a qualification. Just make it to Saturday night, that's all they need, even if you come 22nd once there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom