Cyprus 2018: Eleni Foureira - “Fuego”

Disappointed that this wasn't slightly more inventive. Her rendition of Popular in burlesque was a stroke of genius

The winner of Eurovision 2018 and 2019 has released a new EP with some lovely bops.

El Ritmo Psilocybin:disco:

A lot of sites are reporting today that after being turned down by Helena Paparizou and Tamta, CyBC finally reached an agreement with Eleni Foureira to sing the song of their already signed composer Alex Papaconstantinou.

So if this true, Cyprus 2018 entry will be:

Eleni Foureira - Fuego
Oh Tamta SO regrets this :D (even though Replay got the result Fuego probably would've had Tamta performed it)

Just listening to her EP now. Eleni deserves to be a legit breakout star.

I think Fuego is a better song than Replay, but Eleni herself is absolutely the element that got it as far as it did. She's a complete star.

Waking up to this.. me on Times Square! :D

Obviously no indication of her live vocal ability here, but I am 100% here for a performance in this vein :disco: What a TRAMP!
Three years on, this description still gets me every time :D Looking like SYPHILIS FROM THE BACK OF THE BINS from DAY ONE!

I was listening to a podcast today which suggested this did so well because of the "Yeah Yeah Fire" meme :goodgrief:

LOAD OF SHITE SURELY? Does anyone actually think that? :evil:

I was listening to a podcast today which suggested this did so well because of the "Yeah Yeah Fire" meme :goodgrief:

I rolled my eyes at that too :D

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: dUb

God it's laughable how out of touch some of the fandom is :D

(which podcast? worth listening to other than that?)

Watching a tv show now and Eleni is a guest. Asked to share sth about fuego she said that she started the song without hearing anything in her earpiece other than some tapping up to the point where she was supposed to say i was looking for some high etc. So during the start of it, the walk, the eyes of the lioness, the power of silence bits etc she was scared she'd have to do it without music.

And this only came out now???
I'm sensing something fishy
She could be referring to some rehearsal probably and she wanted to make it sound like it was the semi or grand final for dramatic effect
And what show was that anyway?

And this only came out now???
I'm sensing something fishy
She could be referring to some rehearsal probably and she wanted to make it sound like it was the semi or grand final for dramatic effect
And what show was that anyway?
The chartshow. She said that in the rehearsals everything was ok cause there wasn't noise from the crowd to cover the earpiece feed in those 28 first seconds.

Fuego

Ola odigoun se sena

Last edited:
I still hated Spain, Norway, Moldova, Israel, Switerland, Australia and a bunch of others I already can't remember :)

Am not sure, I liked her Fotia single on first listen but never felt the need to relisten to it until she did the Foureira version.
Hated Pame Pame though.
I like the original Fotia the most. After that it seemed like every week there was a new version, most of them with Eleni.
enough-people.gif

Anyway, send it to ASFM and you'll finally crack the top20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom