Dead fooderies

I mean, the genius of "you're going to get the food yourself and that's posh now, enjoy, plebs",

I used to love stopping at the motorway services when we were kids. We would drive from Glasgow to Scarborough but then got a bit ambitious and headed for Torquay and then Exmouth. Major drives. We needed the stop.

Couldn't leave without a bit of Kendal Mintcake, just in case we got stranded.

This was a TREAT.

Newport_Pagnell_opening_colour_photo.jpg

I present THE GRANARY. Never been, but the unnecessary curved wall is ALL I NEED TO KNOW

Granary_1990s_leaflet_picture.jpg

God I'm so glad I don't live in a country where poutine is so easily available, I'd be SO SO DEAD by this point :zombie::canada:

I have never heard of Berni!

Slightly OT but are all UK cities/Towns seeing WENDY'S pop up everywhere? I remember them vaguely in the early 90's and its quite nice to see them back. I have frequented a few times over the last month, I like their jacket potato sides and their array of salads!
I went to one in ROMFORD the other week…it was ok. Cheesy fries being highlight

:D Oh it does sound very tempting

JUST NIPPIN' DAHN CREAMS MAXINE
There was one at the bottom of my street for a while that was *potentially* a front on account of the fact that there was never anyone in there when I popped in for a CRÊPE.

The thing with CREAMS is that they capitalised a few years ago on the whole 'going out for dessert' thing...but they became very basic very quickly and I think more independent ice cream/waffle type places overtook, especially where they are really popular in south asian dense places like east London.

Going out for a dessert is SUCH AN ALIEN idea to me. There's a few in town and unless I fancy an ice cream, it never crosses my mind.

I only ate in Creams once and wasn't terribly impressed, I think I had a sundae of some sort.

I'd rather open a tub of Ben and Jerry' at home (purchased when on offer obviously).

Nothing involving CHEESE can be disgusting
This is true information. I particularly like a curry cheesey chip from the food van outside one of the clubs I go to occasionally if I’ve had too much alcohol to make better life choices. It always seems to be the nicest thing I’ve ever tasted. Fuck knows what it would taste like if I bought it at lunchtime sober.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom