Drag Race Down Under Season 2

Omg what was Minnie Cooper in that lip sync :D

The judges actively cringing was the highlight of the episode :D

Otherwise, this season isn't working for me at all. Something about the way it's shot, edited, mixed , whatever just makes everything seem so weird and lifeless.

And I STILL haven't figured out whether Ru was actually THERE at any point :D

In fact maybe I'm reading too much in, but Minnie's parting shot 'Is this where we do the re-shoot where Beverley goes home?' felt quite pointed in that regard. It really does have a vibe of having been cobbled together.

The judges actively cringing was the highlight of the episode :D

Otherwise, this season isn't working for me at all. Something about the way it's shot, edited, mixed , whatever just makes everything seem so weird and lifeless.

And I STILL haven't figured out whether Ru was actually THERE at any point :D
Surely it CAN'T be that hard to have Ru and any of the contestants in the same shot, yet it rarely ever happens.

Reactions: VoR
I'm watching it again, it was like the thorniest elements of Tammie, Laganja, Mimi and Shannel all literally rolled into one. I mean if you're going to go, you may as well be a car crash doing so.

I did miss Minnie this week - her brand of aggro was WAY more fun than the Bev Vs Kween beef that's now replaced it. I enjoyed her parting shot on the mirror.

I still really like this series, and think the standard is all round strong without there being a standout winner. I didn't want either of the queens in the lip synch to go which is quite rare for me (and my favourite of the two went :()

If Kween continues with her arsey new behaviour next week then she can rack off.

One of the greatest songs of all time saving this boring episode.

The other highlight being Minnie’s mirror message. :D

Uri is very cute as a boy but the make up in drag makes their face look very unsettling (to me).

Oh I'm so sad that Uri is going home. :( I like Mollie too and she's objectively a better performer I think, but Uri was more compelling as a character and is maybe the only one who brought exciting run ways.

Strewth at that lip sync. Not even Minnie could have made more of a mess (I quite liked it in a scrap heep of desperate drag moves way though).

The lip sync was everything! Stunt stunt stunt stunt.

I love this season a lot. Such big personalities. Spanky is *chef kiss*

None of the ads were funny. The looks are mediocre. How will they be able to crown a winner out of this sorry lot?

Hannah Conda has to win she’s the only one who’s been consistently good.

I don’t like Beverley Kills but I thought Kween was unnecessarily cunty towards her.

A shame it wasn’t a double save- Beverly would surely have been good entertainTment for another week.

I really did find them all ganging up on her uncomfortable. Just smacked of older queens jealous of a young, fresh (and “hot” as a man) queen to me. And I really don’t see what Kween has added to the show at all so far. Top four? NAH.

Yeah the "just be real" screams were unconfortable to watch. For a young queen, they're difficult to decipher - am I really not showing myself, or does this queen just not like me?

In the case of this week's episode, it did come across as the latter, too.

Since BBC iPlayer is too WRACKED WITH GRIEF for GRANDMA WINDSOR to upload the new episode, I watched via a dodgy link and: great episode! I loved the family and the makeover challenge, although none of the final looks blew me away.

I imagine at least some of that iPlayer delay will be for the BBC to edit out not one but TWO quite uncomplimentary instances of them saying an old straight man in a dress looks like our dear beloved dead Queen. WHOOPS

Going in to next week I'm fearful of a Kween Kong win. For me she's too boring and serious and ultimately not that nice to snatch the crown, as her looks ain't enough to make up for it. Spankie or Hannah FTW. Neither will be an all-time great winner, but I'll remain a big fan of this series and the cast overall, especially when compared to the first.

What? :D I really didn't expect that winner! I genuinely thought it was going to be one of the other two.

Me too, but I think she’s been both entertaining and seems like a genuinely nice person so I’m glad she won.

So happy to see Elektra Shock too, still think she’s one of the hottest contestants out of drag.

Oh and one more thing; isn’t it strange that they didn’t show the eliminated queens? Isn’t that tradition nowadays?

Finally catching up. I'm now thinking Ru definitely was there, but has re-shot his out of drag scenes. Although now he's next to that gay and his male family so I'm no longer sure of this. Or perhaps he's just insisted on a subtle filter that is making it all look off. I hope they run with it for the next season.

The series highlight has of course been Minnie Cooper saying whomever told the polar bear queen that she insulted them was very hurtful. I'm on the finale now: god this is a chore.

I laughed out loud at the winner winning. They'll try anything for a gag.

Loved Wow as the final lip sync, it's always been a rush (rush) for me despite its critics.

I’m so glad they won! They’ve been by far the most entertaining all season.

It’s definitely hodge podge but I’ve enjoyed it much more than Canada this time around when watching them both in tandem

I did watch this in the end, and … well it’s not saying much to say it was better than S1, I especially had more favourites this time, but some of them were really awful :D

Monstrous Minnie, I enjoyed whoever took the piss out of her “I was really hurt when I came for you actually”.

Beverly Kills I had no time for, but an all-too-common breed of young queen who thinks having a sponsored closet, young skin and the ability to do a split with no impact at all is enough to justify the ego. That manic look in confessionals sure that she’s just nailing it all.

That said, Kong made me sympathise with Bev in the end, that lipsync together was straight from the early drag race dirty lipsyncs where just pushing the other one out of the way was normal, physically domineering and not nice to watch tbh

Kong was exhausting too, I feel like most of the series was her and other queens saying how fierce and motherly she was, and not displaying that, oh AT ALL

Enjoyed the bubbly nonsense queens like Spanky, Ana and Mollie so I’m glad about the final result

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom