Drag Race France: Season 2

Phoenix

I’m the hostess of the dinner
Pronouns
He/Him
Starting June 30

The American is becoming unwatchable and the first season was decent. Hopefully they learned how to clear the rights to the lipsync songs.

Did no one bother with this? Decent premier if not amazing.

Punani and Mami seem to be the strongest out of the gate. Cookie and Keiona were also memorable.

Sara repping homeless not toothless in her runway :D

Piche’s outfit during the performance was the ugliest thing I’ve seen.

Rose and Punani are sort of legends in the Paris drag scene. Though that runway look by Rose was baffling. Their looks are usually pretty tight.

I think I really Moon. Bless her, she seemed completely overwhelmed by everyone during the entrances and I completely expected her to be the first one out. But she sort of slayed during the challenge!

Good cast AND Nicki is doing a great job at hosting AND the judging en France seems to MAKE SENSE . J'adore.

Also, "It's important for drag Queens to remember to be safe around kids" is something you'd never hear on the US version. Producers would be quicker to edit that than RuPaul's wig sliding backwards moment it's on.

Last edited:
I think I really Moon. Bless her, she seemed completely overwhelmed by everyone during the entrances and I completely expected her to be the first one out. But she sort of slayed during the challenge!

Moon is growing on me, her look in the mini challenge was great.

The correct bottom 2 this week but I thought Mami Watta deserved to be in the top, she had my favorite performance. Ginger was second.

My problem is the episodes are just too fucking long and they include a good 10 minutes of sob story. It dragged.

Most of the looks were shit, barely any reveals. Pishe had the only proper wow moment.

Glad the talent show wasn’t lipsync heavy. It was really good over all. My favourites were Moon, Punani and Giner. But Poshe really turned it out this week.

Decent challenge. Sara is building up some very good momentum, and probably getting a place in the final.

Cookie wasn’t bad at all, I thought Ginger was actually funny partly thanks to her. I would have put Kitty and Mami in the bottom. But I guess having the two queens dressed the same lipsync against each other makes for better tv so 🤷🏼‍♀️
Either way I’m glad Cookie stayed and Kitty is gone.

After a slow start, mainly due to Drag Race fatigue, I’m really enjoying this season. Nicky is really likable as a judge (and Kiddy Smile is still one of the hottest men of this decade).

Kitty wasn’t very interesting and it was her time to go but it was heartbreaking watching her exit speech. She was so elequent and adorable.

Obsessed with Keiona, she looks majestic and would make a great villain too. I have a feeling she’s going to go far.

Piche is my other favourite, can’t figure out who he/she reminds me of.

I'd given it to Keoina, for that twirl alone. But the skit of Sarah and Daphne was hilarious. No one was terrible and the French version is the only one left that feels like a REAL competition.

And finally some Dalida on a DRAG show. Has she never crossed over to the US? RU would be a big fan I thought.

Last edited:
ezgif-1-d2fc3af7d0.gif

Kitty should have been out from week 1, she had very little potential (I did like her story about her identity and how drag let’s her express her feminine side, but the drag and performance weren’t there).

I don’t get Keiona, the look was great but I found her segment boring. I would have put Moon in the top over her.

Sara’s runway was a serve but didn’t like her challenge. Ginger was better in both.

Another week of me thinking Mami Watta is at the top only for her to end in the bottom.

I finally caught up on this season and I must say it's good :disco: Nicky is much more confident and natural as a TV host now.

I'm not a huge fan of Sara Forever. Like, obviously she's talented, but since they don't show much of her confessionals she just mostly comes across as weird to me !

It was definitely time for Kitty to go, the inspirations for her character seemed very obvious as a French viewer plus she failed to make it funny :manson:

100% agree that Mami Watta should have been in the top the last 2 episodes, I even thought she was WINNING this one :D
My other faves are Piche and Moon !

Bizarre judging. Cookie and Mami were the worst but the mid girls were put in the bottom. Losing Piche who’s been consistently strong in favor of silly drama with Cookie (who’s got nothing left to show) is terrible.

Great runways in general.

Really shocked and sad to see Piche go. I didn’t think she was good in the lip sync though, especially after her telling us how well she would do.

Strange judging overall, I thought, Punani didn’t come off as funny at all to me, I thought she was going to be low safe. Keona’s look was terrific and she did Afida well so I was sure she was going to win.

Really shocked and sad to see Piche go. I didn’t think she was good in the lip sync though, especially after her telling us how well she would do.

Strange judging overall, I thought, Punani didn’t come off as funny at all to me, I thought she was going to be low safe. Keona’s look was terrific and she did Afida well so I was sure she was going to win.

Bizarre choice. I hope they get to come back, too good to be out already

The musical was brillant indeed! I need to watch it again as the first time around it was with a dozen other screaming gays.
No one was particularly bad and the decision to put Punani in the bottom seemed a tad arbitrary.

Finally Keiona wins! Should’ve been her sexond win by now. She’s the stand out star for me out of this group.

Very pleased for Cookie as well (even though the other queens don’t seem to like her much). The runway was spectacular.

The guest judge was really sweet and I’m almost certain that we’ve had her song on ASFM before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom