Drag Race Sweden

After Dark has apparently been quite vocal in the past about how she's not a fan of Drag Race in the slightest. So I'd be surprised if she was asked. Though I don't doubt that if she was asked, she'd say yes and that would be that.

The frontrunner to be asked to host, however, seems to be Robert Fux, who brings a more alternative style of drag as close to the mainstream as possible (she does her own shows, hosts her own successful podcast). She also seems to be in a different league to the rest of the drag scene in Sweden. She's more seasoned and would be more likely to host than to compete. In fact, like a lot of beloved older queens in the UK drag scene, I don't think she'd even consider competing.

Robert Fux is what would be the most suited for the role, even if he’d be different to Ru, Supreme etc

Podcast episode with one of the people behind DR Sweden. Not really any hot goss but might be interesting, most of it is about 20-25 minutes before the end. Sewers of Paris is a good podcast

Robert Fux is what would be the most suited for the role, even if he’d be different to Ru, Supreme etc
Fux now confirmed, as is the title “Drag Race Sverige”.

BFD88957-E1A2-41C2-8C4F-6063CFC3FF41.jpeg

(“Say ‘hi’ to the Queen”)

Last edited:
Fuck I need to get through the backlog before the new onslaught. I reckon I can get through Thailand 2 and Espana 2. Italia 2 and Philippines will have to wait

Might fire up the VPN and watch through SVT. I wonder if the Chrome subtitle auto-translation trick will work for this like it did for MF - it'd probably be more accurate than whatever WOW+ slops up for us :eyes:

Cast confirmed

Vanity Vain
Elecktra
Antonina Nutshell
Endigo
Almighty Aphroditey
Santana Sexmachine
Fontana
Admira Thunderpussy
Imaa Queen

Andrea Chansen snubbed :(

9 queens is good too, sounds like it might be an 8-episode (or fewer?) job.

I can handle a long season for the US for some reason, but I can’t be doing with these regional affairs making double figures in one season

Cast confirmed

Vanity Vain
Elecktra
Antonina Nutshell
Endigo
Almighty Aphroditey
Santana Sexmachine
Fontana
Admira Thunderpussy
Imaa Queen

Andrea Chansen snubbed :(

Knew it already but shocked that one of our biggest (and someone I know personally) isn’t in.

But Admira is the biggest one and apart from the one I mentioned above is the only really big and professional one. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t win.

Reactions: VoR
I was surprised to see Admira in the line-up. She's not that far off having the same level of fame as the host, surely?

The trailer is short and gives little away but I absolutely need the cheap schlager bop that is playing in the background in full fucking YESTERDAY.

Really enjoyed episode 1! Made me laugh quite a lot!

Definitely enjoyable, and so many Melodifestivalen names mentioned already :D

I want to try this but the first episode of Drag Race Spain was a chore with its sheer length and not having a full grip of the language so I'm hesitant.

• Wow
Reactions: COB
It's definitely one of the harder ones to follow due to the language but I thought the looks were pretty well put together for the most part.
The bottom three were all rubbish, they could have gotten rid of them all in one go.

Oh my god, that's Kayo from Le Click! Well, this had better be a lip sync song at some point:

Watched the episode. About 3 of them are "tops" and I enjoyed it.

Well the talent show was very hit and miss as usual.
Elecktra’s pampering act was hilarious. Hated Vanity’s attitude.
Tone was a delight as expected :disco:

Yeah talent show was more rubbish than good for me

Tone was super lovely and Siw looking shocked most of the time

It’s gonna be a great season

Just catching up. Antonina Nutshell seems like a lovely person, but my Gosh she was busted. :D She looked like Letitia Dean in HELL by the end of that second episode.

After Dark has apparently been quite vocal in the past about how she's not a fan of Drag Race in the slightest. So I'd be surprised if she was asked. Though I don't doubt that if she was asked, she'd say yes and that would be that.
Christer Lindarw was guest judge this week so there are clearly no hard feelings, but it’s got me a bit disappointed he wasn’t asked to do the whole thing.

He did an Instagram post around about the time the judging lineup was announced and said that he was asked by SVT to host it, but turned it down. Shady cow :D

A few TWISTS FOR THE SAKE OF TWISTS, this week. That said… while Imma Queen seemed like a lovely gal, i’ll admit that I really didn’t take to her style of drag so i’m not devastated that she is out of contention for the crown. And honestly, how dare she WASTE Carola so badly? I hope the franchise lasts long enough to see someone do her justice.

I really rate Elektra - she had me laughing loads despite my lack of familiarity with the character. She probably was the winner on balance but Admira was close so I don’t begrudge her the win at all. She is clearly here for the long haul, and her personality is being set up a bit along the lines of Bianca Del Rio - experienced, bitchy queen who gives good talking head but soft when you break through the hardened exterior.

Also enjoyed Fontana’s utterly tasteless Britney. :D

Yeah it's a shame the three Schlager diva performances were the worst of the night, but still a fabulous episode.

The SHADE at Sandra Dahlberg 'maybe you should have picked someone more famous' :D

'Anna Book the queen of martyrs is a character we all know ALL TOO WELL'

'Tess Merkel, we love you!' :D:D:D

The twink guest and Fontanta were the weakest for me. I would have had Fontana lip syncing (her runway look was fabulous but didn’t give us enough ”tant”)

The funniest comment was however ”Face of a goddess, voice of a Sweden democrat” :D (because Scania/the south is where Sweden democrats originate from and have biggest support).

I'm seeing reports that this has been a bit of a ratings flop. :(

I suppose Drag Race UK would have flopped too if they'd put it on at 9pm Saturdays on BBC One, so maybe the mainstream appeal has just been a tad overestimated.

Yes, apparently the first episode was a success (showing it directly after Melodifestivalen was perfect) but the following episodes haven’t been watched by many… but they’ve also moved the show to Sunday nights (9 pm), and made the episodes available for streaming at 2 am prior to that, so it’s not like they’ve given the show a good time slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom