Elizabeth Holmes / Theranos Fraud Scandal

POP!

Let the light in
I am currently obsessed with this saga involving a Silicon Valley , Steve Jobs wannabe fraud that founded a NINE BILLION DOLLAR lab testing company based on FAKE SCIENCE and got away with it for over a decade. She is currently the subject of federal fraud and conspiracy charges and the topic of an HBO doc ("The Inventor"), Hulu/ABC News doc ("The Dropout") and podcast (also "The Dropout").

Also the inside whistleblower for the whole fraud reveal is :disco:

GUILTY on four counts!

Her trial was delayed for years due to Ms. Covid and announcing she was pregnant last year as the trial date was looming :disco:

The potential financial upside was so vast I suppose people kidded themselves.

Plus she threatened all and sundry around her who did speak up (or even try to).

She's still out on bail and might not be sentenced until her co-founder's trial has completed - he's up next.

I think tech companies can suffer quite easily from kidding on to themselves that while they don’t have the technology now… it’ll come eventually. But it never does.

Does Uber really think one of their self driving cars can get around anything other than an 8 lane LA highway?

I’m currently watching the mini-series on this starring Amanda Seyfried, as it’s on Disney Plus.

My eyes lit up. Just imagine if this was an Eamonn Holmes and Ruth Langsford saga: what a script to gorge on that would be.

I think she had pivoted into motherhood. She seemed to always be pregnant during the trial to try and get some sympathy.

I’m currently watching the mini-series on this starring Amanda Seyfried, as it’s on Disney Plus.

I did finish this, but I also thought it was terribly written and pretty much garbage.

Amanda Seyfried was pretty good though.

What’s the minumum she actually has to serve on an 11 year sentence?

She’s in her mother era

Reactions: GNL
She's just irredeemably weird, isn't she? The more she attempts to project normality, the more of a FREAK she exposes herself to be.

Not dissimilar to a certain other disgraced LIZ, actually... :side-eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom