Eurovision 2023 Chart Watch

IMG_3712.jpeg

Sales only chart

She could not have played the result better these last few days

Be interesting to see next week. They will all obviously fall, but with Sweden and Finland on the major Spotify playlists they may actually get some ongoing success. Loreen is added to the Radio 2 A List as well, so she certainly has a shot of staying top ten.

Just so so happy for Loreen … she’s always been such a brilliant pop star

GUTTED I Wrote A Song didn't even get a little peek in of lower chart action in Sweden, as the famed post-contest pop connoisseur nation :( Mae felt like she'd have made a fine addition to a storied pantheon of Swedish summer hits bequeathed to the likes of La La Love, Fab Fanny (twink edition not porky cummerbund one), and CLAUDETTE - DESIRE :disco:

I mean, does anybody even listen to the radio anymore - but this is certainly impressive for a home entry! I doubt "Dame" Nicki French could claim a number 1 airplay SMASH!
Radio is still huge! Estimated at about 50 million UK listeners/89% of the adult population who listen out of choice at least once a week. Capital etc still gets 7m+ listeners a week, and all the Global brands haul in 25m+ between them.

AR: I imagine the radio royalties for Ms Muller now she has wrote a song are perhaps at a touch more generous rate per play than 0.003? :disco:

Last edited:
Getting the airplay number one is a pretty big deal for R MAE. It will be interesting to see what she does next. Come on Joel Corry, give the north london baddie another hit singalette.

AR: I imagine the radio royalties for Ms Muller now she has wrote a song are perhaps at atouch more generous rate per play than 0.003? :disco:

Radio actually still pays rather well!
A song on the Radio 1 playlist gets about 30£ a play, which rapidly RACKS UP if you're A-listed and played at PEAK TIME (the amount varies depending which hour of the day you are played).

It probably makes more financial sense to get your song played ONCE at 8.30am on a Thursday on Radio 1, than get 100,000 Spotify streams :bruised:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom