Eurovision rewatch: London 1968

Something has plainly gone wrong when Cliff comes across as one of the least noncey entries.

Obviously this recorded in colour, but was it broadcast anywhere in colour?

Obviously this recorded in colour, but was it broadcast anywhere in colour?
Wikipedia:

The countries that broadcast it in colour were France, Germany, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden and the United Kingdom, although in the UK it was broadcast as an encore presentation in colour on BBC Two the next day.

I'm enjoying the Italian song. Maybe I was the hostage all along.

I would like to see an act named Line and Willy performing in Wherever, Italy 2022.

Not performing this rot obviously.

Sweden seems to have the 1968 equivalent of a donk, which is quite a relief.

Obviously, I'mnot suggesting that Sweden will make @ZenGiraffe's keep list, but it's livelier than most of them.

I am reasonably sure that the Finnish singer pushed the other contenders for the job down a flight of stairs.

I have only just now realised that the chap in the orange suit whose song I liked earlier wasn't representing Italy. I hope I remember that at the voting.

Not sure I’ve ever actually heard the verses of this

Going back to the Austrian guy...

In October 2015, Gott was diagnosed with cancer of the lymph nodes. On 18 March 2016, it was reported in the media that he had beaten cancer, but in September 2019, he developed acute leukemia, due to which he cancelled all upcoming appearances and started outpatient treatment. He died at around 11:30pm on 1 October 2019 at his home in Bertramka, aged 80, with his family around him,[2] and his death was reported the following morning.

All major television stations in the Czech Republic featured breaking news announcements and commemorative programs in their schedules, and Czech Radio and Radio Impuls also adapted their scheduled broadcasts. At an extraordinary meeting on 2 October, the government approved a state funeral and declared the day of the funeral a national day of mourning. A day later, Prime Minister Andrej Babiš withdrew the proposal for a state funeral, saying that it should only be a funeral with state honours, as in the case of Otakar Motejl in 2010. At the presidential chateau in Lány, the Presidential flags were flown at half-mast as a sign of mourning, but according to the former proto-logger Jindřich Forejt, this violated the law on the use of state symbols of the Czech Republic.

A public commemorative ceremony was held at 8am on Friday, 11 October 2019, in Prague's Žofín Palace. Gott's fans travelled from around the Czech Republic and Germany and waited for several hours in a five-kilometer queue to the palace. The ceremony ended at midnight, by which time around 49,000 mourners had paid respects at his coffin. The funeral mass with state honours was held at Saint Vitus Cathedral on Saturday, 12 October, presided over by the Archbishop of Prague, Cardinal Dominik Duka. A day of national mourning was declared on the same day. The requiem guests included many famous Czech singers, actors, and sportsmen, as well as President Miloš Zeman and Prime Minister Babiš.

The girls in the pink dresses are doing quite a bit of the heavy lifting here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom