Eurovision Rewatch: Madrid 1969 (20:00 BST)

Well if Moopy likes Jessie J now then maybe Lulu has a chance?

You have never known horror until you have seen L*l* trying to flirt with the camera.

30 Yugoslavia
37 Luxembourg
80 Spain
42 Monaco
52 Ireland
70 Italy

Later she told John Peel; "I know it's a rotten song, but I won, so who cares? I'd have sung "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" standing on my head if that's what it took to win.... I am just so glad I didn't finish second like all the other Brits before me, that would have been awful." Despite her dislike it is her second biggest UK hit to date, reaching number 2 on the chart in 1969.

I see she dropped the Scottish accent for Eurovision. It makes an appearance whenever it suits her.

Later she told John Peel; "I know it's a rotten song, but I won, so who cares? I'd have sung "Baa, Baa, Black Sheep" standing on my head if that's what it took to win.... I am just so glad I didn't finish second like all the other Brits before me, that would have been awful." Despite her dislike it is her second biggest UK hit to date, reaching number 2 on the chart in 1969.
CUNT

30 Yugoslavia
37 Luxembourg
80 Spain
42 Monaco
52 Ireland
70 Italy
58 United Kingdom

She seems to have switched to singing the winning entry from 1968.

30 Yugoslavia
37 Luxembourg
80 Spain
42 Monaco
52 Ireland
70 Italy
58 United Kingdom
76 Netherlands

30 Yugoslavia
37 Luxembourg
80 Spain
42 Monaco
52 Ireland
70 Italy
58 United Kingdom
76 Netherlands
68 Sweden

It really is the absolute worst western European language. That and all the Scandinavian ones.
I have no real problem with the Scandinavian languages, but Finnish is awful, of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom