fabiana palladino

ameraal

la loi de murphy
this londoner has been around a bit and i think her newie which i believe jessy lanza fans wouldn't hate has sealed the deal for me.

it's not quite dance and electronica, is it? not sure what direction she's headed in. this is the one that first caught my attention (it's more dancey and brilliant obvs).

The first one is quite quirky, might be a grower, but I LOVE the second (original) one!

SO we've chatting about this lady's upcoming album and her promo singles in various threads but she's 3 for motherfucking 3 in the single stakes and we all need to be talking about it.

I am SO excited for this album.

@Jark @untilted @FetchFugly @BoysForSeles @Tisch @Iguana

The most recent one reminds me a lot of "Right Now" by Haim in all its sparse synthetic glory and epic 80s production, and in fact she is like a cross between Haim and Jessie Ware for me. So naturally I'm SOLD.

oh SHIT @Funky you weren’t playing when you said 3 for 3 :disco:

I’m absolutely wowed!

Full album ASAP please!

Album 5th April! Yay!

I have loved I Care for some time but the two newer tracks are so perfect as well. I’m so excited 😍

The new one is definitely very Haim. I like all three but Stay With Me Through The Night is especially good.

Already album of the year, based on those 3 magnificent singles

All three of them are 11/10

Well this is quite magnificent. It's more slow burning than chock full of high energy bangers (there aren't any bangers actually) so it probably has limited reach on moopy. It's giving me Jessie Ware's first album than Jessie Ware current era. And the same level of excitement as well.
Notes of Laura Branigan, Berlin, Jennifer Rush, Martika, Shakespeare's Sister, Sheena Easton. Just amazing.

I LOVE it

Vocally she really does remind me of Marcella Detroit. Excellent stuff! I’ll report back on favourites once I’ve let it sit for a little longer

09 Closer
09 Can You Look In The Mirror?
10 I Can’t Dream Anymore
10 Give Me A Sign
10 I Care
10 Stay With Me Through The Night
09 Shoulda
11 Deeper
10 In The Fire
09 Forever

Well this is quite magnificent. It's more slow burning than chock full of high energy bangers (there aren't any bangers actually) so it probably has limited reach on moopy. It's giving me Jessie Ware's first album than Jessie Ware current era. And the same level of excitement as well.
Notes of Laura Branigan, Berlin, Jennifer Rush, Martika, Shakespeare's Sister, Sheena Easton. Just amazing.

I hear a bit of Lisa Stansfield too! :disco:

Dropping a masterpiece tomorrow

I did not realise just how long in the making this album has been.

Had my first listen this morning. So good, not a dud to be found. Give Me A Sign is all gorgeous restraint and the synths on Deeper :disco:

"Give Me A Sign" and "Deeper" are EVERYTHING

There really isn't even an average song, let alone a bad song. Definitely an AOTY contender.

09 Closer
11 I Can't Dream Anymore
10 Give Me A Sign
10 I Care
09 Shoulda
10 Deeper
08 Into The Fire
08 Forever

This is going to end up being my album of the year, it will take something quite enormous to top it. Just blown away by it and it's still growing on me. What's everyone else's take?

And has @Jark listened to this yet? And if not WHY NOT?

09 Closer
11 I Can't Dream Anymore
10 Give Me A Sign
10 I Care
09 Shoulda
10 Deeper
08 Into The Fire
08 Forever

This is going to end up being my album of the year, it will take something quite enormous to top it. Just blown away by it and it's still growing on me. What's everyone else's take?

And has @Jark listened to this yet? And if not WHY NOT?

Absolutely up there as one of the best. I need to make a thread about Holly Walkers album actually, which probably matches this.

INCOMING

The collective public indifference to this album is actually criminal

The Guardian *****

Devoid of weak tracks or ideas that don’t gel, it’s an album that sounds as if it was made by someone who knows exactly what she’s doing. You could hold it up as a lesson in the value of taking your time and being selective, in a world where artists – particularly new artists – are encouraged to bombard listeners with a constant barrage of product. Or you could take its appealingly scuffed gloss as symbolic of nothing more than the flowering of an original pop voice: Fabiana Palladino might well be one of 2024’s best debut albums.

Metacritic 87%
Allmusic 9/10
Lineofbestfit 8/10
Stereogum album of the week

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom