Favourite Gabrielle Hits (2021 Edition)

"I still reckon it's Desiree..."

• Total voters
One of my favourite Gabrielle songs is Find Your Way from her debut album.

The debut album is a treat. Like every UK pop soul album from 1990 to 1994, it sounds like it was produced by Soul II Soul. Which works for me. The Eternal debut was very similar.

I'm not really old enough to remember it, but surely this must have been QUITE A MEMORABLE MOMENT as the United Kingdom got their first glimpse of the DREAMS GIRL for the first time

And everyone thought she'd be a one hit wonder. 28 years later she's dressing up as a HARLEQUIN on the nation's NUMBER ONE TV PROGRAMME. :D

One of my favourite Gabrielle songs is Find Your Way from her debut album.

She goes full Lisa Stansfield voiceover at the beginning on that one.

I agree with Funky on Over You being one of her best too. Each album has one or two genuinely beautiful non-singles.

I get what you're saying about the beigeness of the production, but I feel like that kinda came from Rise-era onwards. That first album sounds Soul II Soul produced like you said and the 2nd has those big Motown numbers in Give Me A Little More Time and If You Really Cared, and has a more live feel to it.

Difference is the rest are all on their first (big) albums there. Normally for returning artists there's a lot of fanfare about their first song back - Gabrielle really didn't get that for Sunshine. I think the fact that went top 10 was a surprise in itself.

Yes I met her at the album launch party for Play To Win. I won tickets from her website, when I imagine about 10 people applied to go. :D When we were there I was really hoping to meet her and her whole band came out to the bar pretty much except for her. My mum mentioned to the musical director that I was a big fan and he went to get her and we were brought backstage to meet her. People in her team kept coming to interrupt, probably thinking we were annoying her, but she kept telling them to go away because she was busy talking to us, which was very lovely. (My mum went on to insanely drunk and I took her to the original Kubar where she got chatted up by some quite aggressive lesbians. :D)

Anyway, Gabrielle is incredible with her fans. I read a post earlier on Facebook that made me smile:

''Fernando Brasil
I met Gabrielle once in Oxford outside the theater where she was going to perform. She was so so kind to me especially when she knew I flew all the way from Brazil just to see her show. She invited me in and I had dinner with her band before the show. Unforgettable moments.'

Not many artists would do that.

Actually on this. I also have a friend who was on Surprise Surprise to meet Gabrielle. And she's kept in touch with him ever since.

Always been a big fan, nice to see 'Should I Stay' get such love on here, always been my fave but not as well known as her 'classics'

Its Should I Stay and Out of Reach for me.

Her covers have been good too. Love Walk on By. Love the E17 duet too

It paved the WAY for DUETS

It RAN so that stuff like Liberty X FT Rev Run Song 4 Loverz could WALK

Sorry to bump again but Dreams is the most perfect song ever

I'm not making plans for tomorrow
Let's live for tonight
I know I want you baby
So hold me so tight
Put your arms around me
You make me feel so safe
Then you whisper in my ear
That you're here to stay