Football 2023-24

he's had an incredible run. I think this will make Liverpool so hungry for the title this season. it's probably theirs to lose now.

As an Arsenal fan, my potentially delulu outlook is:

- Klopp leaving, Pep’s contract also ends Summer 2025… even quality replacements will need time to get their feet under the table
- Four transfer windows for Arteta to offload dead wood and bring in the right talent to fill squad gaps
- Several top class young players (Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba) in or speeding towards their prime and still under contract

If Arsenal don’t win this season or next then 2025/26 should be ours for the taking!

Last edited:
As an Arsenal fan, my potentially delulu outlook is:

- Klopp leaving, Pep’s contract also ends Summer 2025… even quality replacements will need time to get their feet under the table
- Four transfer windows for Arteta to offload dead wood and bring in the right talent to fill squad gaps
- Several top class young players (Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli, Saliba) in or speeding towards their prime and still under contract

If Arsenal don’t win this season or next then 2025/26 should be ours for the taking!
who do you think the deadwood are? I think the squad is pretty strong right now. but I'd probably lose Cedric, Smith-Rowe, Vieira, Elneny, Nketiah...

I'm not sure we're going to win this season or next but it is good news for us that Liverpool will get a new manager and surely this City machine can't steamroller on forever.

I mean if there’s any justice City should have a HEFTY point deduction at some point.

who do you think the deadwood are? I think the squad is pretty strong right now. but I'd probably lose Cedric, Smith-Rowe, Vieira, Elneny, Nketiah...

I say deadwood - that is quite extreme. The only ones I feel especially strong about are Cedric (where it is already consensus that he needs to go) and Nketiah (who I think we can afford to sell on if/when we get a new striker). Elneny I don’t know enough about but I think between Rice, Partey and Jorginho, we’re fairly covered in CDM? Vieira - i’m nonplussed. Smith-Rowe I actually think has something and think he could absolutely fly and play regular first team football at another club. If he wants that then it is best for him he moves on.

One you haven’t mentioned is Nelson. I think ideally we’d have someone with a little bit more quality as a backup for Saka on RW.

Disappointed ITV aren’t showing us the fights though :(

not quite as good as mikel arteta but this performance was absolutely excellent from arsenal. exciting attacking play, brilliant control in midfield, they've battered them. fabulous and could be quite pivotal in our season :disco:

Amazing to see the team have their confidence back against a giant of the league. Some really beautiful football to watch too - the set up for that first goal is exactly how Arsenal should be playing.

City will win the league, but it's good to see a 3 (possibly 4) way fight.

thoughts on the state of the title race at the end of this weekend?

stunning across the board for arsenal but we need Liverpool to slip up.

I mean it’s not going to be Man Utd :eyes: so I don’t mind either Liverpool or Arsenal winning. City having a game in hand isn’t great though.

There's plenty more twists to come yet. It's too far out to even come close to nailing the title on either of the three.

Even Man City vs Arsenal and Liverpool vs Man City aren't the title winning matches that they could be.

Man City look a little wobbly over the last couple of matches, but they'll probably just turn around and win the next 10.

As an Arsenal fan, it feels like we need to win or even draw against City if we still want to be in with a shot.

yeah we can't lose the City game. I feel like if it was happening next week we'd have a great chance. but our next few fixtures are all very winnable, I'm feeling good

good for them!!

(currently it lifts them only 1 spot in the table)

SCREAM! what a game to watch for the neutral :D I was agog when Chelsea snatched it at the death. and yet... on brand also.

I think the commentary cursed it at 90+ mins when they said ETH would go back to Manchester a happy man

It’s ok, Liverpool next (again) :eyes:

love to see the weekend ending with Arsenal TOP! their stats in 2024 are insane. all this because Salt Bey served Arteta steak in Dubai.

Liverpool destroyed United but still took only a point - Ten Haag has has has to go in summer clearly. he's fucking useless. @Soldi why are the United fans still behind him?

I think all 3 teams will drop points again in the run in so it's just who drops more. Spurs could decide the title 😶‍🌫️

I’m here for an Arsenal title win. The Arteta turnaround is crazy and they deserve it.

But I’d even take Liverpool over Man City.

Liverpool destroyed United but still took only a point - Ten Haag has has has to go in summer clearly. he's fucking useless. @Soldi why are the United fans still behind him?
I feel like today was a typical example of how our season has been. We were fucking dreadful in the first half (I mean zero shots the entire half :eyes:) Then the (quite marvellous :disco:) equaliser put a bit of life into them. I was half expecting Liverpool to win in the end.

CL is all but gone for us this season, but I suppose there’s still the FA Cup (which may well be another Manchester derby, hopefully we won’t concede within the first 15 seconds again if that’s the case :eyes:).

Injuries have been our big problem this season, particularly with Shaw out in defence, Kambwala in particular seemed to struggle today. Trying to have a squad with all the key players available all season has seemed impossible! I think I’d look at last season and the progress we made until Ten Hag after the dismal 2021-22 season makes me think they’d need to not jump the gun just yet. Next season will be critical though, a rough start and I’d begin to think we’d need a change, and with the new owners who knows.

Arsenal are back in action 3 days after our defeat to Villa and we need to win against Bayern IN MUNICH. no big deal. interesting to see Tomiyasu given the nod over Kiwior — I feel this is our strongest starting 11 right now so I'm hopeful/delusional

1000083388.jpg

So we won League One last night and this absolutely incredible photo and video taken as the whistle was blown actually make me well up when I look at them:

View attachment 25585

As a Southampton fan (sorry Shee :D - up the scum and all that nonsense) I'm pleased for them, especially as I didn't realise they'd been down there for so long, but I am hoping more than ever we go up against all odds (even though the Championship is way more fun than the horrors of the Premier League), mostly because I cannot BEAR the thought of a derby between these two - the rivalry seems utterly toxic and demented!

As a Southampton fan (sorry Shee :D - up the scum and all that nonsense) I'm pleased for them, especially as I didn't realise they'd been down there for so long, but I am hoping more than ever we go up against all odds (even though the Championship is way more fun than the horrors of the Premier League), mostly because I cannot BEAR the thought of a derby between these two - the rivalry seems utterly toxic and demented!

Scummer

The race for the Championship title is ridiculously exciting now - Leicester bottling a seemingly untouchable lead, every one of the top four constantly fucking up at this crucial stage, as if realising they don't actually want to go up at all, and the fact that whoever finishes 3rd and 4th would likely be automatically promoted in almost any other season, including winning many of them...

Only a casual bit of scum. Although in the last two seasons I've been way more invested than I thought possible...

Incidentally I thought the SCUM term had a fun-fact story behind it, but turns out it's a myth so it's just a nasty word :(

SKATE doesn't quite have the same cunty bite to it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom