Frida's solo career

Commotion

User
Enough of the reunion talk - it ain't going to happen.

In any case Anni-Frid, Princess Reuss, Countess of Plauen has retired from music.

I loved how Frida was too busy on royal business to appear in this doc :D

And in every shot, she looked ready to cut a bitch

Would an Anni-Frid thread be more suited to the ABBA Forum or the Royalty Forum I wonder?

I'd KILL for a Frida comeback right now. And she wouldn't drag the same two monochrome outfits out at every opportunity :disco:

Has Frida officially retired from music?

I was hoping she might at least put out another Swedish record. :(

I don't know if she's officially 'retired' as such. But she has said she's not interested in recording. I think the last thing she did record was that version of 'Morning Has Broken' on that Swedish compilation album back in 2010.

VoR, split this thread for a separate one for Frida solo discussion, please.

Oh all that cautionary angst and drums clutter is joyous. Magnificent. Can't wait to delve deeper now.

Last edited:
Anni-Frid is her full name, but she was always called Frida until the band decided that Anni-Frid had the initial 'A'

FBBA does not have the same ring to it as ABBA I think.

There's LOTS to discover in Frida's solo career. Although I think the two eighties albums are largely (and in the case of 'Shine', almost exclusively) piss weak.

'Djupa Andetag' from 1996 is a really strong album, though. It comes apart a little towards the end, but its standouts are stonking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any dance remixes?

There was a remake of I Know There's Something Going On by Bomfunk MC's that was a big Eurohit in 2002. I love Jessica Folcker's voice, so I find it a thoroughly enjoyable alternative - though I'm sure many hardcore ABBA fans find it sacrilegious! :D

Last edited:
I have the 'IKTSGO' album on vinyl. Sadly it got rather battered on my flight back from New York...

Anni-Frid is her full name, but she was always called Frida until the band decided that Anni-Frid had the initial 'A'

FBBA does not have the same ring to it as ABBA I think.

I think even in her solo career before Abba she was 'Anni-Frid' until she released the album 'Frida' in 1971. Like you say, I assume they only reverted back when they realised after two albums 'Bjorn & Benny, Agnetha & Frida' was a bit cumbersome and were looking at alternatives.

Any dance remixes?

She did release a seven track remix album of 'Djupa Andetag' in Germany.

Frida_-_The_Mixes_%281998%29.jpg

I only know Come To Me, I Am Woman, and even then just from the :sup: cover. How did that EVER come about?

Last edited:
The whole of the 'Frida Ensam' album is well worth checking out. Recorded in 1975 (so during Abba) and produced by Benny, it's an album of cover versions with the exception of 'Fernando', and it's easily the the most expensive sounding of any of the girls' early solo output; but then it is essentially an Abba album of covers minus Agnetha. It was recorded in the same studio and used mostly the same musicians as Abba. It was huge in Sweden; I believe bigger than any of the three Abba albums that were released before it. AND it looks like she's frigging herself off on the cover :disco:

I do love this from 2004. From Jon Lord (DEAD)'s solo album. I like the song a lot, but there's such a quiet dignity about this performance:

Rumour going around the fansites today is that Frida has recorded a track with Morten Harket for Christmas release, possibly a Christmas song.

Oh how I LOVE ABBA loons...

I need to clarify to everyone that I am a huge Frida fan but I am not blind sighted just because I am a fan. If I don't like her hair I will say so. If I like her hair I will say so. If you don't like what I write then feel free to leave. You are all entitled to like/dislike her hairstyles just like I am. I don't appreciate people having a go at me just because I happen to not like a hairstyle of hers. If anyone continues to have a go at me because I happen to not like something then you will be banned from this page. Thanks!

I popped into HMV today, because I like to see what I can't afford and I noticed that several of Frida's solo albums were on display re-issued in coloured vinyl. I want/ don't need.

It's three Frida, two Agnetha, and one Bjorn and Benny. They are all on black and coloured vinyl, the coloured being limited, I believe. Quite HOW limited, I don't know.

Frida has recorded a new vocal of Andante Andante for Cuban (I think) jazz trumpeter Arturo Sandoval's new album of collaborations. Nice to hear her voice again, but I doubt I'll be playing it much.

Frida should have thought about the impact this would have on people's enjoyment of ABBA before she was conceived. Selfish!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom