Friday is the day

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm honestly exhausted and about 50% ill.

In other news I'm thinking of getting a cleaner, because I'm tired all the time and I GOT MONEY.

Do you know where you just have a moment and go “fuck”.

It’s just been such a full on month for me, work has been intense and moving coming up too… looked in the mirror this morning and I look like a SHELL. Quiet and calm February please!

It's mild, it's sunny, and we both have the DAY OFF :disco:

A nice walk, an expensive lunch, and an evening at the theatre (even if I'd rather be in watching The Traitors).

I'm very grateful it's sunny on the island today. Rain and grey would depress me.

I had the best ten hours sleep last night. I dreamt about South Africa pretty much all night.

Mandy has gone to work and left me for the first time in 3 weeks :(

The best part of living with a partner is the days you get to yourself. You appreciate it so much more than when you just live yourself.

The best part of living with a partner is the days you get to yourself. You appreciate it so much more than when you just live yourself.

Absolutely. And Mr Sheena and I’s biggest argument causer. He is a homebody and doesn’t really do things without me. It drives me fucking INSANE.

Absolutely. And Mr Sheena and I’s biggest argument causer. He is a homebody and doesn’t really do things without me. It drives me fucking INSANE.
Eurgh, having a partner who wants to do everything together is a nightmare. LEAVE AND GIVE ME PEACE FOR A NIGHT

Usually I love days to myself when Mandy is at work or busy. But when we've spent 24/7 together for 3 weeks it's weird being without her.

She's also going to Bristol tomorrow for 2 days :(

Quite a fun day in the office today. Just witnessed an epic takedown of why Ed Sheeran is shit by a bunch of 50-something women at work. I didn’t know he was a massive Tory :o

I love days out with him, but I also love days out on my own, where I can potter about as I see fit and do whatever I want.

He likes going out, but won't do it on his own - it's only ever with me. Today I'm perfectly happy coming out for the day, but other days when I just don't feel like it and want to wander around the house all day in my pants, occasionally fiddling with myself, I'm made to feel bad. FUCK OFF OUT ON YOUR OWN.

I genuinely don't mind spending all my time with Ms Ron, but then we do spend time apart as we're both social animals and sometimes I want to do pills in dark rooms to loud techno and she really doesn't.

Which is exactly what I'm doing tonight :disco:

I love doing things with Mandy, walks, meals out, holidays, chilling at home.

She's not as sociable as me and is quite happy not seeing people often, whereas I love seeing friends. So she comes along sometimes, and I go on my own sometimes which is lovely cos I get to see friends on my own.

She's also happy going to the cinema, concerts on her own so if she wants to see something I don't and no friends do, she goes alone.

I genuinely don't mind spending all my time with Ms Ron, but then we do spend time apart as we're both social animals and sometimes I want to do pills in dark rooms to loud techno and she really doesn't.

Which is exactly what I'm doing tonight :disco:

But this is what @lolly was saying- and I agree with. You spend time apart. So you feel like you want to spend all your time together as naturally you don’t.

I go out on my own loads, whether out out or pottering, and value both. Mr Sheena is ALWAYS at home when I am. It’s gotten even worse recently as he’s stopped doing clinical work so his job is 100% remote. I’ve even told him this holiday that has to change as it’s doing my WIG in.

Does Mr Sheena not have friends of his own that he can see without you? Or go for walks etc on his own?

I think I'd struggle with that.

Does Mr Sheena not have friends of his own that he can see without you? Or go for walks etc on his own?

I think I'd struggle with that.

Nope. We met after he moved back from Australia so most of his friends here are “ours”. He’s really popular and sociable but it’s mostly as a couple. The few separate friends he has are either further away or ones he sees very rarely.

Hmm yeah I can totally see why it's getting to you. How's he coping since he mum passed away?

Hmm yeah I can totally see why it's getting to you. How's he coping since he mum passed away?

He’s finding it very tough. Some days he’s fine but others he’s just abject misery, snappy and grumpy. He also gets weirdly defensive about it- “are you ok?”, “yes”, “why are you grumpy and upset”, “I’m not grumpy, what’s the issue?” Blah blah blah. It’s all to be expected but I admit I’m finding it difficult to cope with that. Especially as I’m someone who just gets on with things. (Not that I’m expecting him to be like me, at all…)

This holiday has been great in so many ways but also I’m ready for some time apart. I think the minute I get back I’ll be out and about pottering and in my office to get some breathing space.

The Frau Zen incumbent has a very similar attitude towards spending time together as me, and if we ever cohabit, I think we'd be out each others hair often enough to not cause stress.

I can't even imagine what it's like to lose a parent, or how to handle a partner who has. I know it'll happen at some point tho.
I feel for you both, but yeah some time to potter alone sounds well needed ❤️

Miss DC decided to work from home too today without informing me in advance. Not even getting the break of him going to work :nononono:

I can't even imagine what it's like to lose a parent, or how to handle a partner who has. I know it'll happen at some point tho.
I feel for you both, but yeah some time to potter alone sounds well needed ❤️

Nothing ever prepares you for it, trust me. However much it’s expected.

Miss DC decided to work from home too today without informing me in advance. Not even getting the break of him going to work :nononono:

THE WORST! I want at least a week’s notice and enough time out of the house for me to have a RIGHT GOOD GO on the poppers and air the place before you come home.

Oh Moopy I forgot to say. When we checked into Port Elizabeth airport 2 days ago I totally forgot I left my portable phone charger in my hold luggage.

Got through security and had a total panic, googled if it was safe and Google told me batteries and chargers should ways go in hand luggage because they catch fire at low pressure 🤦🏻‍♀️

So I ended up asking security who thought it was fine but didn't really know what I was talking about.

So I googled more which made me go into a full on panic, I found 3 more security guards who ended up radioing the luggage people to see if my case was still on land.

It wasn't, it was on the plane. They "thought" it should be ok but I'd probably get pulled over at Johannesburg airport.

I spent the whole first flight convinced my battery would catch fire and the plane explode.

Got to Jburg and didn't get called by security so convinced myself my case had got through to the next plane and would catch fire on that one.

Didn't sleep the entire journey because I was adamant I could smell smoke from my burning case.

Anyway, turns out chargers fly fine in hold luggage and I overreact.

Surely if that was an issue, planes would be on fire all the time

Not that I can judge. I always convinced myself that I separated my roommates cat from his water, to the point where I was googling how long cats can live without water and I drove home from work in the middle of the day once (the cat was not separated from the water)

Not that I can judge. I always convinced myself that I separated my roommates cat from his water, to the point where I was googling how long cats can live without water and I drove home from work in the middle of the day once (the cat was not separated from the water)
You do realise that the cat had been looking forward to a bit of time on its own where it could wander around the house in its pants and wank itself raw?

Surely if that was an issue, planes would be on fire all the time
Well in my sleep deprived panicked state I figured everyone in the world knows to keep them in hand luggage apart from me.

I'd also do that.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Oh Moopy I forgot to say. When we checked into Port Elizabeth airport 2 days ago I totally forgot I left my portable phone charger in my hold luggage.

Got through security and had a total panic, googled if it was safe and Google told me batteries and chargers should ways go in hand luggage because they catch fire at low pressure 🤦🏻‍♀️

So I ended up asking security who thought it was fine but didn't really know what I was talking about.

So I googled more which made me go into a full on panic, I found 3 more security guards who ended up radioing the luggage people to see if my case was still on land.

It wasn't, it was on the plane. They "thought" it should be ok but I'd probably get pulled over at Johannesburg airport.

I spent the whole first flight convinced my battery would catch fire and the plane explode.

Got to Jburg and didn't get called by security so convinced myself my case had got through to the next plane and would catch fire on that one.

Didn't sleep the entire journey because I was adamant I could smell smoke from my burning case.

Anyway, turns out chargers fly fine in hold luggage and I overreact.
I think it's more of a precaution than a case of CERTAIN DEATH :D

I think it's more of a precaution than a case of CERTAIN DEATH :D
Google doesn't say that tho 😭

I almost posted on here for reassurance but then deleted it in case the plane did catch fire, I survived somehow and then got arrested and imprisoned because someone on Moopy told the police the fire was caused by me.

I definitely needed sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom