Gabrielle - A Place In Your Heart [new album]

Iguana

If I only could...
Yay but the font

:ToneNervous:

Album number eight is on the way! 🥰 🥳

You can pre order my new album ‘A Place In Your Heart’ now. I have loved making this album and I can’t wait for you all to hear it, so much so I may just have to perform a song or two on the tour ☺️

Head to the link below to order now on CD and vinyl and get an exclusive signed print. I hope you are ready for some new music ❤️ 🫶🏽 💿

I don't really understand why they have revealed this EIGHT MONTHS in advance!! Why not release it earlier if it's ready to go? It's not like there needs to be a big build up to a Gabrielle album.

I went off her after that album she did when she won a reality show (can’t remember what) and it was some terrible rush released bunch of songs for the masses. It was quite hateful.

I hope she’s got her act together now.

That is a very annoying and awful album cover :D

The MOON FACE right in the camera
The TINY FLOWERS which makes the MOON FACE even WORSE
THE FONT

I went off her after that album she did when she won a reality show (can’t remember what) and it was some terrible rush released bunch of songs for the masses. It was quite hateful.

I hope she’s got her act together now.

It was The Masked Singer and she didn't win it :o

Where on earth did they make that album cover? WIX?

Although, with Gabrielle, the more basic the better.

What with Geru's soundtrack to her literature epic making a splash, the queens of British pop really are returning this Quarter.

Oh, Gabrielle is a few quarters away she's just unleashing the artwork for us :disco:

I saw her live tonight, and she played the new song.

Can confirm it's bright, breezy and relistenable. No new timbre. Surprisingly upbeat.

She's actually disarmingly charming on stage. No qualms cackling about her menopause, and no qualms asking the 55 year old audience to stand and dance, whilst proclaiming she herself just wanted a sit down and a cup of tea every few minutes.

Dreams obviously the highlight. Sunshine given a nice 80s-soft-funk shine. Should I Stay cruelly snubbed.

Last edited:
Surprised she didn’t do Should I Stay, she normally does - though her last tour was a 20 Years of Rise tour so maybe she was sick of doing everything from that album.

I’m skipping this tour - seen her too many times… and thought there’d be nothing new, so annoying that she’s playing new material (just the one song?)

Two new songs (albeit I can't quite remember what the second one was called)

She did seem to be going more "upbeat" for the show (or as upbeat as a Gabrielle session can ever be) which Should I Stay doesn't quite fit. She seemed actively disappointed whenever the audience decided to sit down.

I saw a lot of fuss over a gig she played in Plymouth at the weekend where fans (i.e. likely two people on twitter) were 'angry and fuming' about the show because she was unwell.

Of course, they actually quoted more people whi said things like "Sad for Gabrielle as she was obviously poorly, perhaps with hindsight it should have been cancelled. However, what she sang was brilliant and I enjoyed the show", but let's not let that ruin the headline, eh?

Last edited:
She did acknowledge last night having lost her voice, and did have a couple of moments where she seemed to choke on herself. 95% of the time she was fine though. Definitely nothing to be angry over.

'Doors opened at 6.30pm and the show was advertised to start at 7.30pm but, according to those who paid out for tickets, the headliner did not appear until 9pm. '

Name a gig where the headliner appears before 9pm?! :D

Sounds like their might have been general sound and acoustic issues in Plymouth from that review I just looked up.

She had two support acts! The stage wasn't left empty for 90 minutes :D

Another 4 months still til this is released... Which seems crazy.

Tracklisting. Some really really mediocre titles there...

• 1/ SORRY
  • 2/ MISS YOU
  • 3/ GOOD ENOUGH
  • 4/ LIFELINE
  • 5/ A PLACE IN YOUR HEART
  • 6/ FEEL
  • NEVER /7
  • RAINBOW /8
  • CHANGE /9
  • TAKEN OVER /10
  • WON’T BE THERE /11
  • CONQUER /12

At least she’s trying something different but I’m not sure it suits her voice. Will give it a few more listens

It doesn’t sound different at all? She sounded rockier on Stay The Same (if that’s what she’s going for here?)

I will obviously always like her stuff but this isn’t one of her strongest is it?

Anyway, it’s Record of the Week on Radio 2 so she’s getting her standard help from them! 😍

How many years until this comes out again?

It sounds squarely aimed at the Radio 2 playlist, so I'm not surprised they are behind her.

It's a little too background and inoffensive to have much impact as a first single I'd have thought. Still she's never going to have single success, so as long as it gets her comeback noticed and name out there, I suppose it's job done.

Do we think mmm mmms were added purely to remind the listener of the do do dos in When A Woman? I was singing them over the top by the end of the song.

"Ten Years Time" is a song by English singer Gabrielle. It was written by Gabrielle and Jonathan Shorten for her fourth studio album Play to Win (2004), while production was handled by Shorten. The second and final commercial single from album, it became Gabrielle's first single to miss the top forty of the UK Singles Chart, peaking at number 43, only spending a week inside the top 75.[2] Irish singer-songwriter, Robert O'Connor, released a cover version of "Ten Years Time" as part of a double A-side single with the original composition "Spend the Night" in November 2006 in the UK and Ireland.

Sad because I really enjoyed it live when I saw the Queen a few years ago.
What does @cwej think of Ten Years Time?

I challenge you to find a more iconic album cover
(actually I don't)

Do_It_Again_%28Gabrielle%29.jpg

Irish singer-songwriter, Robert O'Connor, released a cover version of "Ten Years Time" as part of a double A-side single with the original composition "Spend the Night" in November 2006 in the UK and Ireland.

Learn something new every day.

I love Ten Years Time - one of my absolute favourites of hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom