General Tori Amos thread '23

Ok writing a SNOTTY POST about the RSD 2023 vinyl of Little Earthquakes B-Sides!!! Did anybody else succumb?

It's SO bare-bones, literally a slip sleeve with the album cover and tracklist on the back, and inside is just the black vinyl and a basic vinyl slip. REALLY not worth the £29.99 Rough Trade happily took from me - £12.99 PERHAPS would have been a fairer price.

A little confused why its such a BARE BONES package too. Surely Tori herself would happily write a dissertation on each of the songs for sleevenotes, and it's not as if the Little Earthquakes era was exactly LACKING imagery to include. I highly doubt any fans would protest outtakes from this HOT MOMENT being resurfaced:

MV5BZTUxMDJlMzQtYTM2YS00NjcxLTg0NjktMWRjNWE0OGUwMzI3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgwMzU4OQ@@._V1_.jpg

FINALLY love that it's essentially a bonus album from this era, but a BIT more thought could have been put into the tracklist order I FEEL :eyes:

I picked up the RSD release at Louie Louie’s in Porto. Happened to be passing and couldn’t resist.

I also got it, but haven't opened/ played it yet. £33.99 for me- but then the pricing of any RSD stuff is fucking insane this year, to the point that I've not bothered with a few albums I would have otherwise gone for.

I mean, £48.99 for an Elton John album you can literally buy for £2 ANYWHERE? COME ON!

I also got it, but haven't opened/ played it yet. £33.99 for me- but then the pricing of any RSD stuff is fucking insane this year, to the point that I've not bothered with a few albums I would have otherwise gone for.

I mean, £48.99 for an Elton John album you can literally buy for £2 ANYWHERE? COME ON!

I ALSO paid £27.99 for a Björk two-track 12" single (alt-gay child of the 90s WHOMST??!) but even with that at least the packaging quality is really top-notch with embossed lettering and high-quality prints of the beautiful photography from the era.

The Tori release is so unusual BARE BONES for somebody so vocal about their music. That said having SUGAR on vinyl was worth the price tag alone ALMOST!

Can't say I was THRILLED to hand over £29.99 for something so basic, but each to our own!

Oh no, I agree! But to say it's out of character and unusually BARE BONES is bollocks. This shit has been going on for years!

Plus it's likely more the label than her. She probably has no involvement.

Ohhh I was blathering on mainly about the packaging for the RSD release.
In terms of material I'd never generally expect a hugely expanded effort for a vinyl release (CD is different) - this one alone misses off Here In My Head from the tracklist which is just a ridiculous and careless oversight.

I’m not going to moan about no Here.In My Head as I’ve got it on other versions of the album but I do love it. However, it landed in that territory of material that could have been on Under The Pink. She wrote it at the same time as Pretty Good Year and I remember her saying she should have saved it for UTP rather than a b-side.

Is it really a universal consensus that Sleeps With Butterflies is the standout on The Beekeeper?!

I wouldn’t even have it in my top five!

He was definitely asked to pick some from as many albums as possible.

Reactions: VoR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom