Germany 2024: Isaak - Always on the Run

EuroTischion

LoooOoOOOOooooOOOOpppp
Another day another set of songs is out.

One more finalist will be picked by a Talent Scout show "Ich will zum ESC" with contestants with names sounding straight out of a Maltese semi:

The ninth artist will come from Das Erste’s brand new talent scout show Ich wil zum ESC!, the final of which airs on 8th February, overseen by musician Rea Garvey and Eurovision 2014 winner Conchita Wurst. This will be one of: Anne, Apollson, Bibiane, Béranger, Celina, Christos, Esther, Florian, Jamina, Luca, Lyn, Marie, Paul, Sophie or Sven.

Everything crossed for LYN 🤞

What a fucking BORING selection of songs. Marie Reim is alright I guess but Germany will NEVER send a schlager song.

I guess Max Mutzke will win, but I can't see Germany out of the bottom 5 this year.

This is the same Max who represented Germany in 04, with one of the most baffling German success stories in my memory. What a hideous vocal!

I believe he has maintained a good career in Germany though and won the Masked Singer recently, so he's probably in the mix here, sadly.

This is the same Max who represented Germany in 04, with one of the most baffling German success stories in my memory. What a hideous vocal!

I believe he has maintained a good career in Germany though and won the Masked Singer recently, so he's probably in the mix here, sadly.

Germany '04 getting another day in the sun while Germany '02 and '03 left out in the cold is nothing short of an INJUSTICE

Germany will NEVER send a schlager song.
Good.

P8d9cws.gif

I haven't listened to any of the others, but clearly Marie Reim has to win
I wish you could understand the lyrics because they are complete trash. The second verse is all about how she’s shocked her love interest had another women’s name tattooed on his neck :eyes:

Last edited:
Marie Reim is Michelle's daughter

I could really have done with never having to deal with Max Mutzke again, the 2004 German NF was brilliant with almost the sole exception of his entry :zombie:

The final finalist is this:

As the winner of a mini casting show where they were mentored by Conchita Wurst. When Germany has tried this wildcard thing before (2014 & 2015), they both ended up as the ESC entry (albeit with Ann-Sophie after the winner withdrew) :ToneNervous:

The final finalist is this:

As the winner of a mini casting show where they were mentored by Conchita Wurst. When Germany has tried this wildcard thing before (2014 & 2015), they both ended up as the ESC entry (albeit with Ann-Sophie after the winner withdrew) :ToneNervous:

S!sters were a wildcard in 2019 too (albeit added by a fangroup jury but still) :ToneNervous:

I was convinced the wildcard would get in last year as it had by far the most streams and seemed to be a domestic hit. It was much in the same vein as Rockstars and PROBABLY the one they've chosen this year too (dunno, judging by the name and the look of him), Germany just can't HELP THEMSELVES. Thank god they went with LOTL in the end. Yes it flopped but at least it wasn't a SAD MAN BALLAD FEAT. RAP

But we have to wait for this delicious dog egg selection until the 16th.

:

I'm amazed the German broadcaster isn't doing everything in its power to try and get Stefan Raab overseeing things again.

Loving how very UK national final circa 2006 this already feels, this parade of nobodies with 6/10 songs competing to see who can get a single-digit televote score in Malmö :disco:

Also love the decision to squander the limited momentum the beginning of the show built with 10 minutes of endless talking :D

Was the running order a random draw? If the producers deliberately chose this to open the show then I fear what's on the way.

I remember back in 03 and 04 when Germany had one of the very best NFs of the season, even 2013-16 had lots to like, I’m not sure how they slid into serving line ups of nobodies with demo songs that were rejected by everyone else :confused:

I remember back in 03 and 04 when Germany had one of the very best NFs of the season, even 2013-16 had lots to like, I’m not sure how they slid into serving line ups of nobodies with demo songs that were rejected by everyone else :confused:

That monobrowed MONSTROSITY robbed us of this at Eurovision in 2004 so I sincerely wish him every possible failure tonight.

I miss the days of some random OPERATIC FLOOZY with waffer-thin live vocals singing something pretty out Sarah Brightman's back catalogue :disco:

In the battle of feline-themed songs this season, that was no “The Cat’s Song”, but it was vaguely interesting and therefore my pick so far

That "Katze" song is no Kaia Tamm but props for it for making some effort to not to be generic, compared to it's 3 companions on before.

Germany typically votes for these wildcards and his backstory/emotional reaction would seem to help, but that song was a load of nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom