Greece 2021: Stefania - Last Dance

It's GREAT! The video is BATSHIT and who doesn't want some CASHED UP GREEK SCRAG trying to be DUA LIPA in their Eurovision final!

If they get the performance right (it's Greece so they WON'T) I honestly could see this challenging for the top 3...it's been a while since a PURE POP WINNER!

I am truly dreading the staging for this one: probably her prancing around squawking with GOD KNOWS WHAT going on in the background

Also I have a sense that it may only work in its studio version incarnation and we‘ve been THERE before :(

Shall we relive this DEMURE, UNDERSTATED moment? :disco:

Truly just WAFTED BY with barely a thought gone into how it looked visually :D

I didn’t like this much anyway but I can‘t even look. I‘m still brought to tears at how clumsily ‘Oniro Mou’ was presented to the people of Europe :(

I think Cyprus are MUCH more likely to challenge for the win than Greece TBH.

Yeah loves this will be lucky to sneak a top ten :D

It’s good though.

Reactions: VoR
The lyrics in the chorus are LIMP - but they get away with it because thumping beat and DRAMATIC VIOLINS :disco:

Because the official upload of the video doesn't seem to have been posted yet:

This has already really grown! I love the urgency of the background vocals

1. Donna summer - last dance
2. Dua Lipa - last dance
3. Stefania - last dance

Yeah it felt like the gimmick was a good idea (and that outfit was outstanding), but once they had the green screen there was no concept, just random CGI city screensaver. At least throw a PEGASUS in there

The concept could have worked with more thought - it definitely needed different backdrops - but the effect ended up looking much cheaper than I expected, it reminded me of the in-camera video effects from Eighties TV shows :(

I actually had EXPECTATIONS here, specially after reading some of your opinions here on the rehearsals :eyes::eyes:

Instead we got a wet turd, and I actually would’ve preferred to see Denmark go through.

Yeah I’m with @COB

Decent idea but the backdrop was just SO TACKY!

The concept could have worked with more thought - it definitely needed different backdrops - but the effect ended up looking much cheaper than I expected, it reminded me of the in-camera video effects from Eighties TV shows :(

oh absolutely! I mean fair enough I don’t think I’ve seen green screen in Eurovision yet, but…
Meryl Streep Florals For Spring GIF

They definitely needed to have tried that before Sergey snatched all the wigs in 2016

Reactions: COB
Does anyone remember that time that Mr Motivator crashed the weather forecast on GMTV and his leotard had lots of green bits on it? It was that, basically :(

It’s a bit RUDE that the audience in the arena has to witness THIS also!!!

Reactions: COB
The effort here is quite impressive even if it didn't truly pay off:

It is. Although 10th and top of the female led pop bangers is more than I was expecting.

It did significantly better than Cyprus, who saw that coming?

It is. Although 10th and top of the female led pop bangers is more than I was expecting.

It did significantly better than Cyprus, who saw that coming?

Yeah, I thought this would land somewhere between 15th and 18th - absolutely not Top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom