Griff - BRITS win + One Foot EP

Jark

User
Griff has won the BRITS' Rising Star award (her mum's reaction is kinda iconic)

and will be releasing an EP called One Foot In Front of the Other in June.

I've enjoyed all the singles so far but especially hoping for something on the level of Good Stuff, or at least Forgive Myself. I think she's quite an exciting popstar and I can see a breakthrough in her NEAR FUTURE

and she debuted Black Hole on US late night

I entered her into ASFM and practically came last... glad to see some vindication here!

GRIFF UP!

Black Hole is excellent so I'm very interested in this. What is it with these 'mixtape' releases though? EP or album thank you.

Good performance on Jools Holland, and her drummer looks like he is loving his life:

I'm not completely convinced by the new one (and I don't think the video really helps):

However, Black Hole's gradual post-Brits rise continues, with it breaking the top 20 for the first time at 18 this week.

Black Hole is bloody immense. Will get round to other tracks soon.

The mixtape is pleasant enough but I don't think there is another real standout track on there. She needs a bit more variety for a full album.

The CD has possibly the least secret track (a cover of Rihanna's Take a Bow) bonus ever. 'Secret Track' is listed on the sleeve, and credits are in the booklet.

It's been bothering me since I very first heard it what Black Hole sounds EXACTLY THE SAME as melodically, it finally came to me...it's Cambodia by Kim Wilde :D

I like both songs (LOVE in Cambodia's case), but a quick google of "black hole griff cambodia" reveals I'm not the first person to think this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom