HAPPY 20TH BIRTHDAY MOOPY!

Was it that early? I remember Andy was the first person to be told Dotmusic was closing, he must have planned ahead.

I seem to recall we were soon keen to NOT be part of Haven, we scoured everywhere to find a home but we didn't fit in anywhere, we concluded we had to open our own. We were essentially homeless during January 2004.
Snotmusic. Belonged to ggggggggggggggggggg. Kept running out of data so we had to think a bit bigger.

Thank you to all the people who organized the wonderful birthday party. I had a great time.

Snotmusic. Belonged to ggggggggggggggggggg. Kept running out of data so we had to think a bit bigger.
I created the Gravy Train too, which lasted about three days.

I love that our beginnings were so authentic, formed out of necessity rather than anything more cynical. A proper movement of people who put their online roots down here, and a pretty special community developed.

Tomorrow evening?

I offered a Sheena Prize Giveaway but no one really responded from the team, so… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Imagine it now, on Zoom. And if any old poster could be roused by an email/ social media complain and make a surprise entrance.

I first posted on Dot in 1998, when I was 20, then lurked with very very occasional posts but it was 2000 and the release of Spinning Around that made me properly join in.

25 years is fucking insane. But I’ve made friends here with people I am genuinely happy to call real friends.

Oh, and @Suomi.

Happy birthday Moopy :disco: I've been lurking a long time but have got more involved the past year or so, in direct correlation with other Eurovision forums becoming increasingly unhinged (from what was admittedly already a very high bar :D) - I also enjoy the other subforums too! I used to obsessively log on to Dotmusic and print out (!) the top 75 each week back at the turn of the millennium, but I seem to remember the forum had something about being at least 13 to join and, not being that yet, deciding not to (instead of just lying like everyone else on the internet ever - although I dread to think what my posting at age 10 would've been like)

I first found Moopy through the discussion on SuRie’s tour of half a dozen Pizza Express’ and haven’t looked back since :disco:

What other forums were our alleged rivals?

Haven (this was the main split of the Dotlite crowd, essentially between nasty queens and dull straights)
Buzzjack (I think came after and I always think of as Moopy Jr and not necessarily in a good way)
Chart Forum Refugees (That last guy who ran it into the ground)
Some screaming Madonna forum (does it still exist?)
CoolClarity (what WAS that?)

I'm sure there were a couple more down years.
The Spice forum split before Dot went down with DenDen. But that bitch is dead too.

Oh I found Dotmusic while searching for the UK charts. Stayed for the Spice Girls forum.

I think I probably knew that. Nice that we've outlived such NICHE INTEREST FORUMS

To help us celebrate, I think we should invite back some banned members. Anyone still talk to Euphoria?

Happy Birthday Moopy! Moonbaby made me join and I like to think I'm the only positive thing she ever contributed to this place :disco:
!!! I never knew

What's she up to these days? She blocked me ages ago!

I came and stayed for "Helen Worth Topless"

Happy birthday Mopsy. Your birthday gift shall be a restraining order from Jilly Bozdogan.

Stop it with the Moonbaby hating! She offered to lend me a huge amount of money to get Ridley a hip replacement and I'll always be grateful for that although I'd never have accepted it.
I'm not. She just blocked me for no apparent reasons. I was just curious as to what she was up to.

Also Hitler loved animals too.

I’m pleased to say Moopy is the only forum I’ve ever properly been involved with. I’ve no idea how people can navigate multiple forums at once. Everything one could possibly need is on here!

I think I found the place searching for something gay interest…

Happy birthday Moopy!

There's something about you
And you don't even know it
I'm telling you now
That you GOT ME GOOD :disco:

It's true, I check this site like I check the news. I appreciate and look up to most of you.

There's also the few weeks LiveDaily put up with us all. There was never a danger of running out of data there as they kept deleting all our posts... that board has long gone too as Ticketmaster pulled the plug on it in 2010.

I’m kinda shocked nothing was organised to mark the occasion.

Oh well

Happy birthday all :meh:

There's also the few weeks LiveDaily put up with us all. There was never a danger of running out of data there as they kept deleting all our posts... that board has long gone too as Ticketmaster pulled the plug on it in 2010.
We were FAR TOO MUCH for them.

Happy birthday Moppy, what a game old bird.

I started reading when I was 15 (literally half my life ago), posting when I was 16, posting well a good few years later, and sort of speed ran through everything else (mod, admin, killing off Moopyrate) after that. Thinking about it, I was probably the third candle in the wind?

While I try to avoid being sincere on here as much as in real life, it's probably had a lasting effect on my sense of humour and taste in music, so thank you all for that.

Giggling Lol GIF by Crossroads of History

I would pay GOOD MONEY to watch Rita FUCK VOR’S LIGHTS OUT!

I’m not sure a strap on big enough would ever be as big as the fuck off one that is clearly attached to his head babe. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom