Happy Valley

Halli put this into the universe and made it happen!

I was literally thinking if this would ever come back the other day.

Scott & Bailey next please!

A friend kept going on about this so I decided to watch and omg I was hooked, the first series is amazing. Had no idea it was gonna be so dark :o In the second series who is the actress who shot her son in the farmhouse, she looked so familiar but I couldn't think? The second series is nowhere near up to the standard of the first but still enjoyable

I hope a third series is definite

A friend kept going on about this so I decided to watch and omg I was hooked, the first series is amazing. Had no idea it was gonna be so dark :o In the second series who is the actress who shot her son in the farmhouse, she looked so familiar but I couldn't think? The second series is nowhere near up to the standard of the first but still enjoyable

I hope a third series is definite

The first series is definitely some of the best tv I have ever watched. If anyone ever asks for a recommendation I always ask if they have watched this.

The 3rd series is wrapped and in the can. They started recording in January this year, but we still have no air date.

This MUST be starting soon. They have put the first two seasons back up on iplayer saying watch the first two series before the new series starts.

I am hoping early next year. Hopefully it’s on at 9 on a Sunday after my other favourite Call the Midwife.

Oh I just remembered I am in Ireland over New Year. Will have to catch up when I get home.

Excellent as ever. Some great supporting work but it is the Sarah Lancashire show.

I didn't find it that good. Sarah Lancashire and the rest of the cast were all great but the story just wasn't there for me. But it's early days

I have just caught up on the first two episodes and I am already dreading on it ending. Do we have any theories on what we think will happen? I am thinking it is inevitable that Tommy manages to escape from prison but am not sure if it will be him or Catherine that will die. I am hoping she does manage to make it to retirement and tours The Himalayan mountains with Joyce.

The tension building to that final moment was heavy. Looking forward to seeing what answers she gets

That teacher is such a nasty piece of work wrong 'un. I've enjoyed Catherine dealing with him so far.

That second episode was miles better than the first, the whole build up to that last scene was fantastic (did anyone else think she was just gonna knock on the window)

I could watch Sarah Lancashire in this role all day long, even the little scenes like when she grabbed Ryan's lighter after the meeting :D She nails every single part

How did Alison get out of prison so quick though?? (She's also brilliant, I only just realised she was the police woman in Unforgotten)

That was quite a filler episode but I was still on the edge of my seat throughout. Claire and Neil really are either far too forgiving or as thick as pig shit. Ryan is a little shit, and that creepy pharmacist at the end. OMG.

That was quite a filler episode but I was still on the edge of my seat throughout. Claire and Neil really are either far too forgiving or as thick as pig shit. Ryan is a little shit, and that creepy pharmacist at the end. OMG.
The creepy pharmacist shocked me :o I never knew he had it in him.

I do think Claire is very fragile and quire easily led, so a bit of pressure from Neil and Ryan and I can quite easily believe she would have caved in.

Catherine has created a lot of this mess herself by not being straight with Ryan about how his mother died, and how bad the things were his father had done. She probably would have just shut him down if ever he tried asking questions about anything.

I do think Claire is very fragile and quire easily led, so a bit of pressure from Neil and Ryan and I can quite easily believe she would have caved in.

Catherine has created a lot of this mess herself by not being straight with Ryan about how his mother died, and how bad the things were his father had done. She probably would have just shut him down if ever he tried asking questions about anything.

No but Clare does know everything that he has done. Regardless if she is easily led or naive, her and Neil are definitely in the wrong.

No but Clare does know everything that he has done. Regardless if she is easily led or naive, her and Neil are definitely in the wrong.
It's not right I agree, but I was just trying to find an explanation why she would suddenly betray her sister, when she showed no signs of being like that in the previous 2 series.

Otherwise it's a really bad storyline, when the series has been nothing but great until now.

I loved this part during that serious conversation with Catherine and Ryan on the doorstep

'Ya know me tea's going cold..'
'What you 'avin??'
'Stew'
'It'll be alright' :D

I love these little bits and Sarah's expressions :D
LOVED this too :D:disco:

I am soooo excited for this tonight. I am assuming it will be Tommy’s court case in this episode and I really think he is going to escape and things are going to go up a gear.

I watched James Norton on The One Show and must say what an incredible actor he is in this. I don’t think I have ever came across him in anything else but he seems to be a lovely, well spoken slightly camp man. NOTHING like Tommy Lee Royce.

I watched James Norton on The One Show and must say what an incredible actor he is in this. I don’t think I have ever came across him in anything else but he seems to be a lovely, well spoken slightly camp man. NOTHING like Tommy Lee Royce.
I've only seen him in costume dramas (I think), and so don't really know what I was expecting him to be like, but it wasn't how he was on the Graham Norton Show a couple of weeks ago.

I've only seen him in costume dramas (I think), and so don't really know what I was expecting him to be like, but it wasn't how he was on the Graham Norton Show a couple of weeks ago.

He wasn’t like you thought he would be do you mean, or not like my description of him?

He wasn’t like you thought he would be do you mean, or not like my description of him?
Like I thought he would be. He seemed really quite shy and bashful, almost embarrassed smiles.

Last edited:
He was quite chatty and confident on his The One Show appearance with Felicity Kendal but just literally the polar opposite from the character he is playing in Happy Valley

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom