Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I hope they actually kill children in this one. Worst part of the first one was that they only ever really killed one.

SJP looks like she's going to have as much fun in this as I'll have studying every press interview she does with Kathy Najimy there.

So it’s basically the same movie, right?

I sadly have no expectation that this will be anything other than a poorly written rush job.

Out on Friday!

I think VoR might be right (have there been any previews so far), but it'll be fun to just seem them do their thing again. Hopefully.

I think I am going to leave this until Halloween. Just to see the three of them back together is going to be enough for me.

The buzz on this is VERY GOOD! I've never actually seen the original

1664375997336.gif

You could follow along with our sync watch from two years ago!

Oh. My. God. This has snuck up so fast. Probably because, despite my excitement, I also don't have high expectations and am just highly curious if nothing else.

I haven’t seen the first one for ages so I’m going to watch this weekend and save the second for closer to Halloween

This was such a missed opportunity. Amusing in parts but there was next to no plot whatsoever.

I feared the worst during that never ending prologue but when it got going I really quite enjoyed it. The plot is basically the original and it’s much lighter in tone and it sadly lacks the fantastic Autumnal atmosphere that one has.

For some reason the book sweating really sent me :D as did the ongoing saga of the roombas.

I mean I think if I had watched the original now for the first time I wouldn’t be as fond of it.

The performances were cool (was Kathy Najimi’s stroke face a choice?). It does do that annoying thing of making the witches good that all these Disney moves love to do these days.

It's a camp disney movie though! Are you expecting CITIZEN KANE?

It's the sort of thing I would enjoy for being shit.

OMG are we in total reverse when it comes to music and movies? :o

Of course I'm grading on a relative curve given we're talking about HOCUS POCUS 2 :D

But I don't understand why that means I should gleefully lap up any old SLOP

I mean seriously, is there no difference to your mind between these two scenes - one fabulous, one (to my mind) utterly tragic?

Both look fine camp nonsense to me

Did you grow up with the first one? Obviously that always skews your opinion on things. I know it does for me. I think the Muppet movies are HIGH ART

Yes, and I'm not at all offended that the second one exists, I've just kind of made peace with the fact that I don't really want it.

Same for the live action Little Mermaid remake.

I had a good time with this. The three of them are having a blast and they're front and centre most of the time (once they actually TURN UP).

Softening the meanness was a shame, but a sign of the times. I can definitely see it getting a rewatch in the future, now that the burden of expectation has fallen away :D

Oh, and Hannah Waddingham was fun. I'll gladly have her back for the sequel the post-credit sequence inevitably showed they want to leave the door open for :D)

Just under 30 minutes until they appear, but it was a strong opening when they did (I'd class this as lasting up to the supermarket). The rest plays out as expected and I'd say it does its legacy justice. I'd want a bit more from a third though, but all in all I have to say the film was not bad. Young Bette would surely be a good one to keep for the next too. I also enjoyed the book turning on her.

Just watched this! What a load of shit. I kept waiting for it to get started, and then it was basically over.

Oh well, at least the first one remains MARVELLOUS

WELL... it were alreet
It felt more like a reunion special than a new film in places, like they had a shopping list of "let's just do the iconic bits of the first movie again", which mostly went well. I'd say the songs were doomed to be worse than "I put a spell on you", I was checking my phone while they were on.

The new cast don't feel like a particularly charismatic pair of hands to leave the franchise in (and ugh they had to leave those ham-fisted teasers for anoooother movie after all this time getting a sequel). The lead girl doesn't have much emotional range for such a cartoonish film, and the other girls didn't do much for me. That whole subplot about them falling out was basically about nothing. The shopkeeper too, he really got a free pass didn't he?! He was DEFINITELY acting in a Disney Channel TV Movie.

But the Sandersons were reliably iconic - I wish she'd gone "Boooooook!" a bit more though. Makes me wonder why it took so long to get them together, it seems like they were all enjoying themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom