Hocus Pocus

Come little children, i'll take thee away

• Total voters

Jake

On A Mission
Movie-HocusPocus.jpg

Probably in my top 5 films ever

Winifred: We're just a couple of spinster ladies.
Mary: Spending a quiet evening at home.
Sarah: Sucking the lives out of little children!

I Put A Spell On You and Sarah's song are just the business too. HELLO SALEM, MY NAME IS WINNIE WHATS YOURS :D

I would love for a full version of Sarah's song to have come out.

So funny all the way through. Totally works. Although i wish the witches won...or there was an alternative ending. Plus, the cat should have died. Know it all cunt.

And Sarah looks good in this. Helps that her tits are always falling out of her top throughout the film.

I like how Bette says this is one of her favourite films ever to have made. Even SJP has said how much she loved doing it.

10/10

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. I must have seen it about 30 times by now :shy:

I didn't mind the cat. Someone had to guide them along some how.

It's an amazing movie. Love it. I'm glad Bette speaks highly of making it. So often actors distance themselves from their sillier films.

It is not a film without its problems, but I LOVE it nonetheless. The three witches are all brilliantly cast and have great chemistry together. The film generally got panned on it's release, but it definitely has stood the test of time. It's not as well acted or produced as say, The Witches, but there is something about Hocus Pocus that makes it my all time favourite Halloween film.

Last time I watched this, it was with a guy who quoted the whole fucking film. I was going insane and almost walked out. The kids are beyond annoying, but the witches balance it out to a 10.

Last edited:
9/10

Why didn't Omri Katz have a successful career? He was good in this.

I liked him in Eerie Indiana. I vividly remember the episode where the creepy man-child twins had to sleep in "Supperware" every nice to stay young.

The Bette Midler rendition of I Put A Spell On You should have been on her greatest hits.

"It's been a THOUSAND YEARS
Right DOWN to the DAY
But now the WITCH is BACK
And there'll be HELL TO PAY"

This is one of the best Disney films ever and deserves a whole heap more credit than it actually gets.

"He has a little woman?"
"Sounds tasty"

And Bette Midler picking up the meat cleaver in the kitchen "Behold! A torture chamber!". Incredible!

I think straightorbroken hits the nail on the head - the children (the siblings and the thirty year old woman masquerading as a teenage girl) are really weak but Sarah, Bette and Kathy manage to carry the whole film between themselves.

Last edited:
Sarah Jessica Parker never looked better!

Much of the cast (minus Bette and Sarah) reunited for the 20th anniversay

hocus-pocus_0.jpg

hocus-pocus_1.jpg

hocus-pocus_2.jpg

Also, Bette still loves it.

Last edited:
Ha. I never realised Kenny Ortega directed it.

WHY did Omri Katz not have a big career? Unless it was his own choice.

Why do you despise Bette Midler?

(And why the quotation marks?)

Last edited:
Watched this last night.

It remains essential Halloween viewing.

Fabulous from start to finish.

The Sanderson sisters. The songs. The flying Hoover. All deliver iconic performances :disco:

Omri is looking good in that anniversary pic!

I actually did a mini sick in my mouth though, at the thought that someone doesn't like Bette. Next time, people will be making statements like Beaches isn't a good movie. :hitler:

Such a QOL.

When will Disney just do the decent thing and make the sequel? Poor old Bette is GAGGING for it.

Jake;1582800I would love for a full version of Sarah's song to have come out.[/QUOTE said:
AMEN to that. I love this so much. It was released when I was living in the US and shoving it out in July really did seem very odd at the time. Luckily it's timeless :disco:

I need to get me some tickets to see Bette in "Hello Dolly" on Broadway.

Join us as Ms. Midler reunites with Sarah Jessica Parker and Kathy Najimy for "In Search of The Sanderson Sisters, A Hocus Pocus Hulaween Takeover" hosted by Elvira, Mistress of the Dark and featuring:

Glenn Close, Billy Crystal, Jamie Lee Curtis, John Debney, Samantha Diaz, Harry Guinness, Todrick Hall, Jennifer Hudson, Anjelah Johnson-Reyes, Michael Kors, Adam Lambert, George Lopez, Alex Moffat, Vanessa Shaw, Martin Short, Sarah Silverman, John Stamos, Meryl Streep, Kenan Thompson, Sophie von Haselberg, and other surprise guests.

Reserve your spot today for our one-hour virtual evening event on Friday, October 30! Your personalized access link will be emailed to you in advance of the event, and we will keep you informed of all the Hocus Pocus fun we have in store leading up to the big night.

I'm aiming to have my karaoke show ready for a Saturday 31st premiere, how about a Hocus Pocus watch as a lead in?

Karaoke then hocus pocus, that formula worked well for the spicevision night

Reactions: COB
Oh yes! Hopefully without people having a weird overly personal argument during the film this time :(

Oh i can’t even remember who that was now. Obviously I was blown away by the performances on spicevision (and spice world :basil:) that I’ve forgotten everything else

Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom