Votes: 0 0.0%

• NUL POINTS

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
I tend to overlook this among the power and the glory of the 1993 contest - possibly because it got stuck in mid-table hell. But isn't it just the slightly wonky tits? :disco:

I like that she's quite young, but she already has that ropey old diva vibe about her. I like to think she's still singing it to single-figure crowds on a nightly basis in a faded bar in Lanzarote, wearing an age-inappropriate dress and dreaming of better days.

Last edited:
One of the many reasons I find it hard to respect a fan who hasn't seen the 1993 contest.

Last edited:
Firmly filed with Carola, Kesji Toja and Jonatan Cerrada in the "eejits in the background" category.

I think it's a good example of a song that was possibly too modern for the boring 90s juries who nearly killed the contest.

It isn't a Gina G-esque robbed winner, but it should have been much more in the mix than it was.

Also, considering how energetic the performance is, her vocals are really strong.

Firmly filed with Carola, Kesji Toja and Jonatan Cerrada in the "eejits in the background" category.

I don't condone GIFs, but if I did the two backing vocalists doing the little shoulder-roll move at 0.50 would be a good contender.

I'm not exaggerating when I say 'Dinlo Did...1993' is one of my most anticipated Moopy threads ever.

*Hands victory to Slovenia*

Shall I do it after the Moopyvision finals? I'll have some time then. I actually liked this Spanish song, so it's put me in the mood :disco:

She was only TWENTY ONE at the time! :D

I ADORE the studio version of this, and her album was great too. It was VERY modern at the time, but somehow when it was performed live with the orchestra it took a lot of that away, and it didn't QUITE work as well.

The lyrics are so :disco: too - she slags off men saying they are useles and then she says she can't live without them. :D

Last edited:
Each week in Spanish class we play a song and have to translate. I'm tempted to ask her if we can play this! The class is all girls apart from me and one other guy I suspect is gay so I am sure they will appreciate it! :disco:

Each week in Spanish class we play a song and have to translate. I'm tempted to ask her if we can play this! The class is all girls apart from me and one other guy I suspect is gay so I am sure they will appreciate it! :disco:

Do it! :disco:

A couple years ago in one of my Spanish classes we had to do a presentation about something in Spanish or Latin American culture. Naturally, I did Eurovision. Made a video compilation of some Spanish songs plus a few others (Volare, Waterloo, Ne partez pas sans moi, and Fairytale), but I had to cut the presentation short before "Hombres" and "Vuelve conmigo" played.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom