I woke up this morning and chose Jagged Little Pill

But not Lana :eyes:

real housewives nene GIF

The Beekeeper was released the week when I had a terrible flu where I could barely summon energy to speak and my boyfriend thought it would be nice to keep popping it on for me to listen to in my sickbed and I think I’ve always held that against it.

This talk of syncs has sent a subliminal message to my brain to play….’Soberish’.

I guess that seems a random Beekeeper mention but Jiva reminded me saying how he is sick in bed and because I was cruelly locked out of (excluded from) the sync for that one…..just to explain.

I just wish she's play a track or two of it live sometime. It's like, we get it Alanis, you love playing Flavours of Entanglement songs 🙄

I BRISKILY checked out SetlistFM to find out if this is true. The woman plays 12 songs off JLP out of a 20 song set :D :disco: Giving Lana BTD vibes.

I BRISKILY checked out SetlistFM to find out if this is true. The woman plays 12 songs off JLP out of a 20 song set :D :disco: Giving Lana BTD vibes.
The non-JLP songs she has done in full on the most recent tour are Thank U, Uninvited, Reasons I Drink, Ablaze and Smiling. Plus a few 10 second 'interludes' of some others. Did I miss any?

Last edited:
The non-JLP songs she has does in full on the most recent tour are Thank U, Uninvited, Reasons I Drink, Ablaze and Smiling. Plus a few 10 second 'interludes' of some others. Did I miss any?

accurate hun, except my claim of a 20-song set was a stretch but as you mentioned, some of these have to be interludes/abridged versions.

1693431386477.png

I now deem this to be Moopy's Official Alanis Morissette Thread. :KieranPartingGift:

She appeared on Kelly Clarkson's talk show and it's worth a watch. I've put up Part 1 but there's a few parts to it, as she's the sole guest. She's in full on Alanis mode and there's micro and macro talk, but she's engaging and very interesting to listen to. She talks about her 8 year break, having and raising her kids, and tidbits a plenty about Jagged Little Pill, some of which were news to me! She'd like to do an updated Not the Doctor for example as she didn't want to take on "someone else's stuff" as a 21 year old, but now she's older, married and with kids, she realises you need to "share someone's stuff" sometimes. :cry:

Kelly is clearly a genuine superfan and their chemistry (out now :basil:) is plain to see. They do lovely duets on Hands Clean, Ablaze, Reasons I Drink, Thank U, You Oughta Know and Kelly does her own version of Smiling. It's all great and Alanis is VERY on form. She hasn't not been on form since Reasons I Drink dropped just before COVID...

Last edited:
I love Kelly as a singer and as a TV hostess but I don't think I could ever put up with an interview with her; sure she's lovely and warm but she seems so DRAINING (but not in a bad way). Love u Kelendria xx.

HOLY SHIT!

I assume this has been posted elsewhere on mopsy. This is AMAZING!

I now deem this to be Moopy's Official Alanis Morissette Thread. :KieranPartingGift:

She appeared on Kelly Clarkson's talk show and it's worth a watch. I've put up Part 1 but there's a few parts to it, as she's the sole guest. She's in full on Alanis mode and there's micro and macro talk, but she's engaging and very interesting to listen to. She talks about her 8 year break, having and raising her kids, and tidbits a plenty about Jagged Little Pill, some of which were news to me! She'd like to do an updated Not the Doctor for example as she didn't want to take on "someone else's stuff" as a 21 year old, but now she's older, married and with kids, she realises you need to "share someone's stuff" sometimes. :cry:

Kelly is clearly a genuine superfan and their chemistry (out now :basil:) is plain to see. They do lovely duets on Hands Clean, Ablaze, Reasons I Drink, Thank U, You Oughta Know and Kelly does her own version of Smiling. It's all great and Alanis is VERY on form. She hasn't not been on form since Reasons I Drink dropped just before COVID...

Watching it now. Thanks for the heads up babe!

I really enjoyed this too. Considering most Alanis interviews focus on Jagged Little Pill and nothing else, it was really nice to see that Kelly was clearly a genuine fan, and the extended sequence on Hands Clean in particular was really good.

Unfortunately some Christmas EP seems to be coming tomorrow :BList:

FB_IMG_1698954268809.jpg

She's also given an interview somewhere where she states she might "start writing" an album in 2024, so everyone set your calendars for 2028!

They’re all AWFUL :D

Karaoke tastic! She sounds like she’s being forced into it…

Joan Jett is not the support act I’d have imagined but I’m absolutely ok to see it.

Also her Sao Paulo show from last night where people thought she MIGHT pay small homage to SFIJ was... the exact same show as two years ago. Same segues and everything. :yeahyeahfire:

Never change Alanis! (And reader; she didn't)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom