I would like to start a Moopy Album Club

Funky

User
This is such a good idea that I’m sure it must have existed in some format before. But what do people think.

The days of sync listening are significantly reduced now post covid but many of us still love discovering new music.

This way it works is like a book club - someone nominates an album, those who want to participate have a week to go away and listen (even if they are already familiar or a fan you can still play and contribute your thoughts) and then during the course of the week we just share our thoughts and chat about it at our own leisure. No need to all be around at the same time.

In my head it’s iconic bucket list albums but really it could be anything. It’s good to get a nudge to listen to albums that have always come highly recommended, either by the industry, the public, or the moopy majority.

Anyways THOUGHTS PLEASE I’m happy to start it off.

Anybody else read the thread in Esther's "I want to start a Revolution of Love! Are you with me!! " voice?
If you know you know.
No? Just me then? OK. :eyes:

I tried this a few years ago and it didn’t really take, but I'm definitely up for somebody else having a go.

I do think I was on the correct side of history, despite most people being mixed-negative on the first album I chose.
:LaZarra:

I tried this a few years ago and it didn’t really take, but I'm definitely up for somebody else having a go.

I do think I was on the correct side of history, despite most people being mixed-negative on the first album I chose.
:LaZarra:

Oh I remember having to listen to this album :greta:

I think this does sound good although I will definitely not be listening to certain artists (which I guess sort of defeats the purpose).

I did sync listens during the first lockdown which was a bit of a different thing and went quite well to start with before inevitably tailing off. Always willing to deep dive an album.

I am totally giving credit to @VoR for the idea even though I wasn't around when it happened.

Anyway I think I have an idea of an album that is fairly moopy inclusive and something I've been wanting to listen to for years, so I'll start it soon. People can jump in and out as they see fit. It wasn't the album that prompted the idea though, I was listening to Hounds Of Love last night and I realised I had never actually listened to it in full before... I want to listen to more iconic albums that I've never gotten round to and this is good motivation.

I quite enjoyed this last time round, although the only music that stuck was by Cabbage who I'm pretty sure was a @big ron suggestion. It was when I was without car so I listened on the bus to and from work.

I'm unlikely to participate fully but am up for a bit of ad-hoc.

I quite enjoyed this last time round, although the only music that stuck was by Cabbage who I'm pretty sure was a @big ron suggestion. It was when I was without car so I listened on the bus to and from work.

I'm unlikely to participate fully but am up for a bit of ad-hoc.

That was me, a good little band for a short lived period

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom