Irene Cara DEAD

No :( I was only just chatting about Fame yesterday and contemplated re-watching it soon.

If I was Ursula from The Little Mermaid and could steal someone’s singing voice, hers was the voice I’d most like to have along with Kathy Sledge.

No :( I was only just chatting about Fame yesterday and contemplated re-watching it soon.

If I was Ursula from The Little Mermaid and could steal someone’s singing voice, hers was the voice I’d most like to have along with Kathy Sledge.

Speaking or singing voice? If it’s the latter then surely it would be a young Whitney?

Does she have anything worth listening to beyond the obvious two?

Sorry to be childish at this sad time but I've just noticed her publicist's name is Judith A. Moose :D :D :D

I think record company politics surrounding her two major hits being on movie soundtracks stifled her momentum, but she has a few other (entirely forgotten) chart entries, which all kind of sound like mid-tier Donna Summer. (They had very similar voices!)

Breakdance (US #8)

Why Me (US #13)

The Dream (US #37)

Does she have anything worth listening to beyond the obvious two?

Here are the essentials according to Spotify

Screenshot_20221126-102503_Spotify.jpg

I don't think I really could have picked her in a crowd. But it's nice to know that Maya Rudolph could have a second career as an Irene Cara impersonator if everything else goes to shit for her.

How very sad. 63 is really no age at all. I loved the 'Fame' and 'Flashdance' tracks back in the 80's and still have something of a soft spot for anything 'Fame' related today. :(

Oh NO.

She was great in the "Fame" film (which is actually great full stop and much more gritty than the TV show), though that audition scene was a shock at the time :D

And those songs are peerless :disco:

:(

Great voice. I love Out Here On My Own so much. I've always enjoyed her version of Thunder In My Heart as well, not just because of the absence of Leo Sayer:

:(

Great voice. I love Out Here On My Own so much. I've always enjoyed her version of Thunder In My Heart as well, not just because of the absence of Leo Sayer:

The Leo Sayer version is one of my favourite disco records ever…and just BECAUSE it’s Leo Sayer! I know, I know, I KNOW, but the way he rips the ARSE out of that vocal in the verses in particular… chef’s kiss.

Someone was BLARING What A Feeling on the bus all the way home last night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom