Israel 2021: Eden Alene - Set Me Free

Which one?

• Total voters

Jacques

doing it for my lover
Pronouns
He/Him
Israel are down to three songs, and one will be selected towards the end of the month.

Sadly I don't think any are as good as Feker Libi, Roots or Rakata :( My fave is Set Me Free despite one of the most unnecessary key changes I've ever heard.

La La Love is my favourite, even though the lyrics are slightly on the nose.

It’s the closest to the kind of energy she was going for last year although I agree, none of these are a patch on her 2020 songs.

Whilst I expect Set Me Free will win, the drops in La La Love are everything and I like it the best.

Also who has two songs in the final with La La in the title

I don’t like any - I loved 2 of them last year. Shame they couldn’t just rewrite Feker Libi

Yeah, her 2020 songs were better. I do believe it should have been "Roots". Feker Libi was just a tad flat after one or two listens.

Did Doron Medalie write any of them? It will win if so.

I echo the general disappointment. Feker Libi had so much more personality than any of these.

Set Me Free is OK I guess. Nice whiff of the SOUK :disco:

Would anyone (in their right gay mind) pick La La Love and risk being compared to the MUCH SUPERIOR, UNEQUALED JUGGERNAUT that is Ivi?!

Feker Libi never did much for me, I wouldn't say it was better than these. Apart from Ue La La which is awful.

I think Ue La La is easily the best. Almost as good as Feker Libi, which I loved.

La La Love is quite slow to get going but I like the celebratory feel by the end

Ue La La retains a bit of the spirit of Feker Libi but I find it a bit messy... I reckon it will be the one chosen and will be a grower but I'm not fully behind it yet

Set Me Free is nice but it's not going to do much is it? Falls a bit flat.

So my vote is La La Love but I also think Feker Libi had more going for it then these

Turns out anyone can actually vote in this if you download the ‘Kan 11’ app

The winning song will be announced on Monday in a show in which Eden will not perform any of them (so what's the point?).

Will this be the first song we definitely know will be in the semis?

The winning song will be announced on Monday in a show in which Eden will not perform any of them (so what's the point?).

Will this be the first song we definitely know will be in the semis?
There’s Albania too.

Actually looking at the SCHEDULE, we’ll have Israel, France and possibly Latvia before the end of the month.

I have a feeling this will get a revamp before May.

I have a feeling this will get a revamp before May.

As long as they don’t touch the key change

It’s about level with Feker Libi in my affections (this being my fave from a weaker selection and FL being my 3rd out of the four last year) so really pleased with this outcome

Why did they go down this route with such weak songs? They had all year to get this right.

She's apt to look miserable, that's absolute dogshit.

Why, after being one of the only ones with a decent song last year, has she come back with such a flaccid selection to choose from?

I feel really sorry for her :D This sounds like an AUSTRIAN semi-final flop from about 5 years ago. Unless it gets an EXTENSIVE (and I mean EXTENSIVE) revamp, who is going to vote for this? :D It's such a complete fluffy nothing as a song.

Considering her song last year would have been a most-likely easy qualifier, interesting performance and probably top 15/10 finish in the final, seeing this most likely BOMB OUT at the semi stage - when she's a far better performer than the song assigned to her - will STING a little bit.

A quick scan reveals she's in semi 1 with 9 countries that ALREADY stand out to me as LIKELY surefire qualifiers :D

Poor Eden :( This is a total bomb
Surely she’ll beat LESLEY ROY

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom