Italy 2023: Marco Mengoni - Due vite

Re-listening to Marco and yep, that’s winning it unless there’s something special tomorrow night.

Apparently Måneskin were 15th after the first night? Readying the "HERE'S HOW OLLY/KELLY MANTLE COULD STILL WIN" pieces!

When are songs released on Spotify/uploaded to YouTube?
Should be 1am UK time for Spotify. RAI seem to be slowly uploading stuff onto YouTube as they’re only up to Marco so far.

Last edited:
Who are the big names in tomorrow's semi? Anyone likely to challenge Marco?

Who are the big names in tomorrow's semi? Anyone likely to challenge Marco?
Giorgia won the whole thing back in 1995 and is apparently bringing ELEGANCE according to the rehearsal reports. She’s currently the third favourite behind Marco & Ultimo.

Colapesce e Dimartino finished fourth a couple of years ago with this:

Lazza also seems to be a bit of a favourite. I quite like this from him but I can’t imagine he‘ll go down well on here.

There’s also Levante should bring us some UPTEMPO FEMALE POP and Madame who went down fairly well on Moopy a couple of years ago with Voce.

Reactions: VoR
I didn’t watch the Blanco incident in the end. I had to tap out because Italian light entertainment was too punishing an ordeal to manage. I’m going to file it in ‘things Italians shouldn’t attempt’, alongside ‘career in politics’ , ‘maintaining youthful looks past 40’ and ‘becoming a driving instructor’

Also she’s not taking last place well.

Her team have released a statement saying it confirms their suspicions the press have it in for her (maybe something to do with her refusing to give interviews :rolleyes:). But the public will have their say shortly and show their love for her!

22 pages and 4 nights to go :shock:

I was going to suggest splitting the Sanremo threads into nights, but I think it’s more on brand for it to be one sprawling, endless and impenetrable thread.

So how does it work? Are there NEW songs tonight or do songs get eliminated each day?

So how does it work? Are there NEW songs tonight or do songs get eliminated each day?

something like this

Night 1 (Tuesday) - half of the songs are performed, the press jury ranks them

Night 2 (Wednesday) - the other half of the songs are performed, the press jury ranks them

Night 3 (Thursday) - all of the songs are performed, they are judged by the press, demiscopic jury, and televoting. They all have an equal say in the result.

Night 4 (Friday) - same as Thursday

Night 5 (Saturday) - the same as Thursday. The results of each three evenings (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday) are added up to make the result. Then the top 5 go to a superfinal, judged by the press, demiscopic jury and televoters again.

TLDR: nobody gets eliminated

Yes Friday is everyone's favourite COVER VERSIONS NIGHT! :eyes:

Where they all perform a completely different song, and the results contribute to the ranking of the actual song they're competing with.

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: Hak
Also I only learn TODAY that she's literally named after an album from GAY CATNIP PAOLA & CHIARA!

Of course one BOON of having each act perform 4 times is we get 4 outfits of increasingly dubious quality. SUCH EXCITING FASHIONS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom