It's Thursday 1 February

We're not out of the woods yet, but February is definitely preferable to January.

It's not dark most days when I'm leaving work. I think very soon I'll be getting home in daylight some days as well.

And I noticed as I left home this morning that some of my daffodils are already in bud which gave me an inordinate amount of pleasure.

Plus it's less than three weeks to next payday, whereas January had about seven weekends in it in terms of waiting to be paid.

February is bollocks. It gives the illusion that it's all over, whilst cruelly lengthening the misery by an inconsistent amount of days.

CANCEL IT.

I hate February too- last night I was thinking "OOH, it's going to be nice and light tonight" and then it was basically dark by 5. At least it's SHORT!

I must be the only person who really likes January. I probably feel the most positive and motivated that I do all year

February is going to be a much more stressful month at this end considering I now have the small task of FINDING SOMEWHERE TO LIVE.

February is going to be a much more stressful month at this end considering I now have the small task of FINDING SOMEWHERE TO LIVE.

Get yourself in some weird OLDER MAN- YOUNGER MAN- SUB DOM FLAT SHARE FOR ASS NOT CASH. Manchester is FULL OF THEM :disco:

UGH, someone accepted a sales position I've been recruiting for and who was supposed to start next week has just announced he's been offered another job for more money and so is fucking off.

I mean, I GET IT and all that, but TWO MONTHS' WORK WASTED.

Back from my annual asthma check. They'll be giving me a blood pressure machine for a week again because it started off at 197/102 and by the third go it was 140/84, on the first one she laughed and said "I'll need to ring 999 for an ambulance if this keeps up, we'll do best of three". I might just buy myself a machine and do a 7-day home check the week before I go next year, save all the hassle.

My darling @floppet, I do often read your posts and think HOW ARE YOU NOT YET DEAD?
I am asked that very question on a regular basis, there's a simple answer ... I don't like doing as I'm told.

With regards to the blood pressure, it happens every year, my medical notes now officially have "white coat syndrome" on them (from one of the GPs).

I had a lovely 4 mile walk after breakfast this morning. It was so warm I had to take my jacket off.
IMG20240201111009.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom