Janet Jackson general (2021/2)

She looks like she’s been wearing a superhero mask and it left an imprint

Wow she's gorgeous. What does she do, is she a fashion designer?

Those rumours about a world tour and Black diamond coming "soon", is that even possible? :shock:
Rupauls Drag Race Gia Gunn GIF by walter_

That would be incredible…

I would love to see her doing something completely different like that.

this ROUTINE OF LIFE brought to you by a Japanese sister dancing to Rock With U / Feedback (she's a stan!) is :disco: :disco: :disco:

I mean WOW

It's sad, the map of the world is on you
The moon gravitates around you
The seasons escape you

And I always was, always was one for crying, I always was one for tears
No I never was, never was one for lying
You lied to me all of these years

:(

It's sad, the map of the world is on you
The moon gravitates around you
The seasons escape you

And I always was, always was one for crying, I always was one for tears
No I never was, never was one for lying
You lied to me all of these years

:(

I had no idea Janet was an Early Winter fan :disco:

Bonkers given how well her Glastonbury set was received in the UK.
Surely she can fill O2 arena for a night or two.
It’s the same EVERY SINGLE TIME. Starts out as a “World Tour”, begins all over USA and a few Canadian dates, something happens and Europe either get cancelled or never announced at all. She gets back and just announces more US dates and MAYBE Japan, and Europe just conveniently gets forgotten.

She bloody lives in London most of the year too. I think we should cancel her visa.

What's the point of this tour?

I listened to the announcement as it was being broadcast via her Instagram page. The first minute or so was her cooing over all the different countries from which her fans were joining in with it as it went out. *Janet voice* "Hello Brazil! Oh I love Brazil. I have so many happy memories of your beautiful country. Nigeria! Such a wonderful country! I would love to see Nigeria as I've never been." She's clearly not going to be going there with this tour either. "I've really missed you guys SO much and performing for you and that's why I've called the tour 'Together Again' because I can't wait to see y'all and be with you all again".

As much as I love her, I'm increasingly beyond frustrated by her. There was the 'Black Diamond' project. Led to nothing. The much-publicised multi-part documentary launched at the beginning of this year (which was frustrating in itself for other reasons) and then nothing. No new music, no nothing - just performances at various festivals similar to the one she turned in at Glastonbury. Appearances at fashion shows. Inducting Jam & Lewis into the R&R Hall of Fame. That's been the sum of it. To make a joke of the fact that there will apparently be new music incorporated into this tour, only demonstrates just how much of a joke it has become.

Enough now. Seven years since the last album and another seven year gap followed the one released before that one. Two albums in the space of 14 years. I expect that from Kate Bush, not someone who is constantly publicising what she's doing - even if it is just wearing a nice frock or trouser-suit at another fashion show.

What's the point of this tour?

I listened to the announcement as it was being broadcast via her Instagram page. The first minute or so was her cooing over all the different countries from which her fans were joining in with it as it went out. *Janet voice* "Hello Brazil! Oh I love Brazil. I have so many happy memories of your beautiful country. Nigeria! Such a wonderful country! I would love to see Nigeria as I've never been." She's clearly not going to be going there with this tour either. "I've really missed you guys SO much and performing for you and that's why I've called the tour 'Together Again' because I can't wait to see y'all and be with you all again".

As much as I love her, I'm increasingly beyond frustrated by her. There was the 'Black Diamond' project. Led to nothing. The much-publicised multi-part documentary launched at the beginning of this year (which was frustrating in itself for other reasons) and then nothing. No new music, no nothing - just performances at various festivals similar to the one she turned in at Glastonbury. Appearances at fashion shows. Inducting Jam & Lewis into the R&R Hall of Fame. That's been the sum of it. To make a joke of the fact that there will apparently be new music incorporated into this tour, only demonstrates just how much of a joke it has become.

Enough now. Seven years since the last album and another seven year gap followed the one released before that one. Two albums in the space of 14 years. I expect that from Kate Bush, not someone who is constantly publicising what she's doing - even if it is just wearing a nice frock or trouser-suit at another fashion show.
I mean I really don’t care about new music in the way of an album. The odd one-off banger like Made For Now will do me fine. It’s just that I think this might be the 4th or 5th time she’s STARTED a so-called “world tour” with the entirety of the USA and then just done one random festival in a couple of other countries, then fucked off again, only to wait a couple of years and add another 50 or so dates in the US again.

I mean I really don’t care about new music in the way of an album.
But her fans do and that's what they/we really want from her - not more half-arsed "world" tours. She claims that she loves her fans at every opportunity. She's overcome with emotion every time she gets a standing ovation at an awards show - "I love you guys so much" - and then consistently lets them/us down. If she can't be bothered, neither can I.

But her fans do and that's what they/we really want from her - not more half-arsed "world" tours. She claims that she loves her fans at every opportunity. She's overcome with emotion every time she gets a standing ovation at an awards show - "I love you guys so much" - and then consistently lets them/us down. If she can't be bothered, neither can I.
I do think she’s entitled to just stall on creativity if she doesn’t feel like it. She’s never ever been super prolific even when she was young (and even though Michael had that reputation later on, he was hugely creatively prolific from 76-84).

She really didn’t indicate much enthusiasm for continuing to release new music at the end of the documentary.

She’s also entitled to just want to tour the USA only, if only she would just SAY SO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom