Jessie Ware - Devotion (sync tonight 8.30pm)

07 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08.5 Still Love Me
08 No To Love
08 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk

it's certainly better than Jessie J's Sweet Talker.

won't DARNCE
not without you

I bet Iguana likes this one just for how posh she sounds.

seriously though what a song. :emoji_heartbeat: it's my favourite thing from the Devotion era these days - so pretty, sweet and perhaps even (whisper it) a little sultry?

does anyone know the story of why the song was initially titled 110% and then changed?

07 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08.5 Still Love Me
08 No To Love
08 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
11 If You're Never Gonna Move

we can play HARD

:tisch:

I think If You're Never Gonna Move is my favourite these days over Wildest Moments. The imagery it conjures up is just beautiful. And her voice is gorgeous on it. I could see it on What's Your Pleasure if it was bopped up a bit.

06 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
09 Running
07.5 Still Love Me
09 No to Love (+ a bonus :disco: emoji)
07 Night Light
06 Swan Song
09 Sweet Talk
10 If You're Never Gonna Move

does anyone know the story of why the song was initially titled 110% and then changed?
Love how we've more or less made the same posts. Our cycles are in sync tonight! :emoji_heart:

110% had a sample in it that she was naughty and shouldnt have used (the song the sample was from called 100%), so it got removed, song retitled and cd repressed.

I'm not even 100% sure what the sample is. I have the original on CD but haven't listened for ages so can't compare.

I'm not even 100% sure what the sample is. I have the original on CD but haven't listened for ages so can't compare.
you think you can show up for my sync listen without doing your research first? fucking hell Tisch. take your "oh our CYCLES are so IN SYNC, BECKY" chat somewhere else cos I don't even wanna DEAL WITH IT RIGHT NOW.

07 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08.5 Still Love Me
08 No To Love
08 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
07.5 Taking In Water

Wow a one-two of being shouted at then seeing that score for Taking In Water. Heartbroken.

Can we at least agree Something Inside is NICE?

06 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
09 Running
07.5 Still Love Me
07 Night Light
06 Swan Song
09 Sweet Talk
09 Taking In Water
09 Something Inside

well, it's a very nice album and an easy listen but also a total case of here are 4 great singles and here are some album tracks that won't be popping your buss in 5 years time. you know?

07 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08.5 Still Love Me
08 No To Love
08 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
07.5 Taking In Water
07.5 Something Inside

let's end on Imagine It Was Us!

The synth-pop and R&B track was co-written by Ware and UK producer Julio Bashmore, which originally contained a sample from "The Big Shatterer" by late American rapper Big Pun under its original title, "110%". Upon its release in the United States, however, the song was re-titled to "If You're Never Gonna Move" due to Big Pun's estate not granting clearance for the use of the sample

From a little known site I frequent called "Wikipedia".

Right bonus trax - I am not familiar with these!

love the SUGGESTIVE SLEAZE of Imagine It Was Us. it's a definite precursor to Overtime.

the bit where the music drops out a bit and then comes RUSHING BACK IN like your seventh hit on a bottle of poppers in the space of 5 minutes in the sweaty basement of your provincial gay club is... well. it has actually wiped out half of my vocabulary so I can't tell you what it is. sorry about that.

07 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08.5 Still Love Me
08 No To Love
08 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
07.5 Taking In Water
07.5 Something Inside
10.5 Imagine It Was Us

8/10 VERY GOOD STUFF

I think Imagine was a re-release single that, surprise surprise, scaled the heady heights of #105.

I love that Jark.FM is its own genre now.

I'm doing all the non remix non live bonus tracks. Just because I've started so I've finished. Final scores and Joanne average coming soon.

08 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
10 Running
08 Still Love Me
06 No To Love
09 Night Light
07 Swan Song
08 Sweet Talk
07 Taking In Water
06 Something Inside
10 Imagine It Was Us

JESSUS HAS RISEN :disco:

It really is a very very good debut album. This one has the bigger leads whereas Tough Love delivers the incredibly strong supporting cast (hello Keep On Lying - Champagne Kisses one two punch)

Valentine is very pretty. Strangest Feeling oddly reminds me a lot of Strangest Song. a leftover for a reason, perhaps. :eyes:

we HAVE to do Tough Love very soon. I love that album so much. it's got ENDLESS bonus material too :eyes:

oh god I've used that emoji too much now. I feel like SDF.

06 Devotion
10 Wildest Moments
09 Running
07.5 Still Love Me
07 Night Light
06 Swan Song
09 Sweet Talk
09 Taking In Water
09 Something Inside

10 Imagine It Was Us
06 Valentine
05 Strangest Feeling
03 What You Won't Do For Love :(

Average = 8.46 (but I've ignored those last three bonus tracks)

Night light, taking in water, 110%, and Imagine it was us are my other 10s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom