josef salvat

ameraal

la loi de murphy
any fans of this australian songster? he made (semi-)waves last year with his solo ep mostly for his cover of riri's diamonds but also the rather good open season. i discovered him through funky (his legacy lives!) and i've really liked bits of his stuff (see also hustler) but he has finally delivered a song i like everything about: til i found you

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oOCtm0bUC08" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

he has a tint of mor about him but you can tell he's going for a bit of an edge so i hope he can pull through.

Haven't heard this new one yet but Open Season was one of my favourites from last year. I've found the rest of his output to be a bit 7/10

been obsessed with Holding On for a few months now though :disco:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4KVVcPBWbLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

should've figured you'd be aware - he was apparently opening for banks last year. i loved the verses on "open season" but the chorus never clicked. i know what you mean about 7/10. i think the new one is better though.

The Tourist song is EXCELLENT, I've not really been totally sold on anything else yet though, but I have hope he can deliver soon as I really like his voice and general VIBE.

open season has finally received the video treatment and a french verse version. both are great, the video is already up there with my favourite clips ever.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/X1yS8sDj9v4?list=PLAsgQNgjfQrR70tbuKRba6Erqc60xJHWN" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

new song. very years and years, very radio friendly, but, you know, good *.*

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nYTJZHujzyM?list=PLAsgQNgjfQrTtoU11SwdM_7D3qMWJNcn1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

REPRESENTIN'! I've nibbled quite a lot on the treat that is Une Autre Saison

He takes a nice photo and I've quite enjoyed his previous stuff but Paradise is definitely a level up. I wonder if they will retain the Franglais angle when they launch the album more widely?

i have a feeling paradise might make him if it gets the proper video and promo. it sounds like a hit. maybe from a few years ago but still *.*

(till i found you is still my favourite)

so the album is quite good though i'm a bit pissed they've redone til i found you (it was amazing as it was, fools!).

anyway, i love his brand of pop music - it feels both relevant and different yet immediate. i hope they give it a proper push at some point. the finger-click disco violins of closer, constant runner and night swim were the ones that stood out on first listen, shoot and run is rather boombastic as well.

i'm a bit sorry i didn't put this album in my top 10 of the year, i've been having major moments to it for the past 24 hours.

08 Open Season (Une Autre Saison)
06 Hustler
07 Punch Line
10 Till I Found You (they've tweaked this a bit, still prefer the original)
09 Constant Runners
09 Night Swim
10 Closer
07 Shoot and Run
07 The Days
08 Paradise (Le paradis nous trouvera)
09 A Better Word
09 Diamonds (rihanna cover)
10 Week-end à Rome (etienne daho cover)

can someone else please listen to it so i have a loon buddy thanks.

I only like Open Season in its French version. I'll listen later, promise

Oh the boyfriend is proper obsessed with him. I LOVE open season and like most what else I've heard. Was meant to see him live a few weeks ago but was cancelled :evil:

Last edited:
Paradise entirely in English isn't quite the same. It feels a little less special and smaller:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/KiC32sc3ejg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The beginning part reminds me slightly of that Are You With Me song as well.

I'm now a bit torn as to whether to get the French version of the album or the international deluxe:

01. Open Season
02. Paradise
03. Hustler
04. Punchline
05. Closer
06. Till I Found You
07. Shoot and Run
08. Constant Runners
09. Night Swim
10. The Days
11. Every Night
12. A Better Word
13. Secret
14. This Life
15. Diamonds
16. In The Audience

new vid is for paradis (there's an english version of the video as well)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3hReZbFqvEU?list=PLAsgQNgjfQrR9JgSuHGeqSMjiieRvCazi" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Turns out Josef has become a bit of a random dance diva. The Grum remix of "till i found you" was nice - but this is even better:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/R1nY1LQrNso" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Enjoying the album very much. Hustler isn't my favourite song of his, but 'it's not easy on my bedsheets' is quite the opening line.

Especially loving Closer and Constant Runners of the 'new' stuff.

Bloody amazing voice and loved the dancing so cute! Highlights Closer, till I found you, open season and also 《in the audience》- what an amazing/awful way to break up with someone!

LOL!

Also LOVED the gig. He's got some major sex appeal. Its the voice and the moves, I think. And the snarly lips. Also loved seeing Mr and Mrs Alex (LOL). :disco:

LOL!

Also LOVED the gig. He's got some major sex appeal. Its the voice and the moves, I think. And the snarly lips. Also loved seeing Mr and Mrs Alex (LOL). :disco:

Was a PLEASURE :D
If it wasn't cold we could have stalked

I totally wanted to stick around, but I didn't have my CD and I looked like SHIT! Also, my name is not Jonfessions.

Haha well yes. I'd imagine it would be a bit awkward really! Only person I waited for was Natlie imbruglia ten years ago but she never came out we missed her :(

yay!

sidebar: he is very short, isn't he? i only recently noticed in one of the vids.

sidebar: i've stalked jessie ware (by accident), tori amos (successfully) and solange (unsuccessfully).

Yes I didn't realise the shortness until saw him on stage :D

a better word is playing in my headphones and my god what a divine song. the piano solo carly rae kills me.

He’s back!
Song took a couple of listens to click but enjoying muchky now.
Video is good, spot the references...

glad to have him back, but not sold yet.

It was definitely better on second listen. There's something in the chorus, even if those verses are ridiculously garbled and I'm not sure it really plays to his strong suit.

In the Afternoon has already grown a bit, and I am kind of getting over the first listen giving off a slight whiff of Sheeran:

new one.

i've been really lukewarm to him this time round. the songs are just not as strong.

This one feels more like his first album material. I'm not wild about how just when it builds to that bridge, all the life seems to come right back out straight after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom