1639844833264.png

1. Snowflake
2. Lake Tahoe
3. Misty
4. Wild Man
5. Snowed In At Wheeler Street
6. 50 Words For Snow
7. Among Angels

"It may start with a birth but it’s the birth of a snowflake which takes its journey from the clouds to the ground or to this person’s hand. But it’s not really a conceptual piece; it’s more that the songs are loosely held together with this thread of snow." - Kate, 2011

"Years ago I think I must have heard this idea that there were 50 words for snow in this, ah, Eskimo Land! And I just thought it was such a great idea to have so many words about one thing. It is a myth - although, as you say it may hold true in a different language - but it was just a play on the idea, that if they had that many words for snow, did we? If you start actually thinking about snow in all of its forms you can imagine that there are an awful lot of words about it." - Kate, 2011

"I guess the main thing is that I've started exploring much longer song structures on this album. I would say that that's what makes this one a little different than previous albums." - Kate, 2011

Kate Bush NEWS!!!

Spoiler: She saw a bird :)

With nearly two years of Covid, are any of us the same people we were before? It’s left everyone confused and uncertain of the future.
It’s been a terrible time of loss for so many. I want to say a big thank you to all the people on the front line and in the NHS. I have such huge respect for all the nurses and doctors who’ve already been working flat out for nearly two years. These caring people are showing such extraordinary acts of kindness to others. Let’s hope they get the pay rises they rightly deserve.
I’d like to mention something that happened a few weeks ago on a walk; stopping to look at the view, I noticed something moving in a tree right beside me. It was a Goldcrest - the smallest bird in Europe, even smaller than a wren. I stood still, hoping not to frighten it away. Its colouring is beautiful - a peacock’s eye on each wing and a striking yellow streak on its tiny head. This gorgeous little ball of fluff flew away after ten minutes or so. I’ve only ever seen one once before and very briefly. It made my day. In these strange times, I really hope you can get the chance to stop for a moment and feel nature around you.
Please stay safe. Wishing you a restful Christmas and hoping 2022 is a happier year for everyone .
With love
Kate

I think it's important when promoting an event to also CURATE the guest list, to discourage undesirable elements who might otherwise show up.

I really want to find the Kate quote where she starts panicking that people are going to think it's a traditional Christmas album and be disappointed, but I'm struggling to find it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom