Kate Bush Deep Cuts playlist sync

Ikr. I didn't explain very well but there is definitely a thread, like she's searching for the answer and nothing individually can provide it. And even as a whole, it doesn't add up to an answer - I mean it concludes with more heartbreak than ever, and she's shrieking! So the answer is there is no answer. Is that 10000 words yet?
You need some more Proust references in there and maybe a bit of Nietzche('s eyes! Paula Cole reference), but otherwise you're nearly there!

I don't know if I'm closer to Heaven but
It looks like Hell down there
These streets have never been paved with gold
Welcome to the loneliest city in the world

:(

It’s only in recent years that I realised it was “We let the weirdness in.” For years I thought it was something backwards in Yugoslavian

God I LOVED Andrea Arnold's "Wuthering Heights". I might pop it on my laptop for my train journey tomorrow.

It’s only in recent years that I realised it was “We let the weirdness in.” For years I thought it was something backwards in Yugoslavian
You probably know this but she recorded "We let the weirdness in", played it backwards, learnt to sing it backwards, then reversed her singing it backwards and that's what we hear

SHALL WE?

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.evbuc.com%2Fimages%2F110611241%2F112276599889%2F1%2Foriginal.20200906-121749

It’s nice to know you like her worst two albums, love xx

Kate's 'WORST' is still better than virtually anybody else's BEST :evil:

I'd rank them at the lower end of her back cat, but they both have enough stunning moments to more than justify their existence.

Director's Cut: Flower of the Mountain, Deeper Understanding, Song of Solomon, Lily

50 Words: Lake Tahoe, Misty, Among Angels

I personally don't think we would have gotten the tour without her doing Director's Cut first, so show some GRATITUDE. :evil:

Controversially my favourite moment on Director's Cut (or as it should have been called... Kate Bush Adventure DX) is the new This Woman's Work, which I think has a lovely ~glacial~ quality but is widely DESPISED by the fanbase. I think I would revisit it more often if more of the songs were radically different from the originals.

The ballads are so perfect in their original forms that the relatively subtle re-works don't do much for me I admit.

I LOVE the energy of Lily and Song of Solomon though, they really sound like test-runs for her subsequent live performances.

Flower of the Mountain I wouldn't necessarily say I PREFER to The Sensual World. I see it as more of a companion piece. The vibe is much more that of an older woman warmly remembering an erotic moment from her youth, whereas the original is much more immediate.

Deeper Understanding, I may be in the minority but I think Robo-Bertie replacing the Trio Bulgarka actually works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom