Kim Wilde: Closer (New album and tour)

Mainly Close tbh. It was the second album I ever bought so there's a bit of nostalgia in there but mostly it's just a really good album which has aged amazingly well, especially compared to Kylie which was my first... (No SHADE to Kylie, only the SAW production!)

I'll be PISSED OFF if the average age is YOUNGER than me. One of the things I like MOST about going to 80s act concerts is feeling relatively young :D

Even for SEB I was average age - admittedly her Kitchen Disco shenanigans may skew her demographic, but I'd be really surprised if Kim drew an audience younger than hers here.
I was deemed a “young fan” for recognising one of the 90s singles at a Human League a couple of years back.

I saw Kim a few years back and the age range tended to be 35-60+ I’d say.

TODAY'S KIM WILDE ALBUM RANK FOR NO APPARENT REASON OTHER THAN THAT KATE GOT ME THINKING ABOUT IT

1. Close
2. Teases and Dares
3. Kim Wilde
4. Select
5. Another Step
6. Never Say Never
7. Love Moves
8. Catch As Catch Can
9. Love Is
10.Here Come The Aliens
11.Come Out And Play
12.Now And Forever
13.Wilde Winter Songbook
14. Snapshots

The top ten are all PROPERLY great, though.

Come Out And Play isn't BAD (she's never made a bad album to be fair), but it just felt like a comedown after Never Say Never, which was genuinely brilliant, I thought.

King of the World is great but there's some filler towards the back end...

I just got tickets for the Glasgow gig. I forgot they went on sale today but I still managed to get third row centre so the presale can’t have been that popular. It’s not a huge venue so I am sure it will sell out eventually.

We got fifth row and I was online at the start. I assume the very front row(s) were held for the VIP meet and greet £170 package.

Best seats are ten rows back now. It's a 1800 capacity venue. I'd be surprised if she doesn't sell out, looking at other acts who manage it.

The front two rows were held back for VIP in Glasgow so it means she didn’t sell much of the floor yet if I got the row behind. But there’s cheaper tickets that have decent views too so perhaps people went for those instead. The capacity at the Royal Concert Hall is 2000.

Most Kim concerts I've been too have been PRETTY full. I can't think of noticeably empty venues...

I could have got front row balcony, but that would have been the same price. Great view, but it would have felt a little distant. For a show it would be great, but for a concert I'd prefer it to feel a little more personal.

I could have got front row balcony, but that would have been the same price. Great view, but it would have felt a little distant. For a show it would be great, but for a concert I'd prefer it to feel a little more personal.

I'd rather be up and dancing and you won't get that up on the balcony.

Is there any mention anywhere yet when the new album is coming?

SURELY not to coincide- it's a YEAR away!

These past two days have provoked a KIM FRENZY. I have been secretly working on my TOP FIFTY PET SHOP BOYS tracks, but doing one for her might have to TAKE PRECEDENCE :disco:

And relax! Thank you lolly.

Row A seat 14. I'll be saying "hi Kim I'm [redacted]" as I kept getting row C seat 3 and I'm not sitting at the side. I best look out a good Kim t-shirt for my photo then. I tried putting in 10 tickets and could have got seats 3-12, so a bit annoying not to be able to choose the centre without opting for the expensive signed poster option.

Edit: oops, Kim not Kate!

I've only seen Kim once, at the Palladium for the GH tour a couple of years ago, but she and the band were absolutely fantastic. Kim is a very charming performer, as you would expect and hearing Never Trust a Stranger, You Came and The Second Time live was a thrill.

Is there any mention anywhere yet when the new album is coming?

SURELY not to coincide- it's a YEAR away!

It is a bit of an odd way to announce a new album. As there are no other details I assume it is not imminent but maybe sometime in autumn?

It’s been a Kim Wilde EXTRVAGANZA here too this week. I revisited ‘Close’ and have got stuck back into the boxset again.

I've only seen Kim once, at the Palladium for the GH tour a couple of years ago, but she and the band were absolutely fantastic. Kim is a very charming performer, as you would expect and hearing Never Trust a Stranger, You Came and The Second Time live was a thrill.

She is truly a fantastic performer and so much also must be said of Ricky. Essentially “Kim Wilde” is, and always has been, a duo, but live in recent years, without the need to push her so front and centre and concentrate on things like dancing or her bombshell one, that really comes alive.

The GH tour was so good- the setlist was perfectly done. It was so good to see things I never thought I’d see live, like Perfect Girl and Can’t Get Enough (Of Your Love).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom