Kirstie Alley DEAD

1670290187906.jpeg

Wasn't she a Trump supporter? Still I liked her, CBB is the last thing I remember. RIP :(

I wonder if her son is a queen, I don’t see a lot of obituaries with “iconic” and “fierce”

Well Looks Who's DEAD.

Completely ignoring her personal views, she was a tough and sharp presence on screen, not to mention a bit of a vamp: Drop Dead Gorgeous, Veronica's Closet, Cheers and Look Who's Talking all imprint her star on the walk of fame alone. Genuinely sad to read this.

Damn! Don't know anything about her personally but like GALA said, she had a fabulous stage presence and was one of those iconic faces. Also starred in a lot of movies I loved as a kid. RIP. :(

I saw every episode of Cheers and she was very good. May have seen those early 90s films, but I don't recall.

She seemed decent enough on CBB despite the politics. She can get an RIP from me.

Although on further research she may have said some wild shit in recent years.

Holy shit :o

Rebecca from Cheers was an early crush (and I liked her era much better than Diane's), and she could be genuinely funny when she wasn't being a MAGA twat. RIP.

Loved her in Cheers and she was hilarious in the Look Who's Talking trilogy. Politics aside, she was a fabulous actress. :(

Nice tribute from her Dancing With the Stars pro:

Very much a fixture of the big and small screen in my youth so this is sad news. Also, her family can now incinerate her MAGA collection and remember the good times.

She was a colossal thundercunt (and I’m SURE the Scientology didn’t help :eyes: ) but she was an undeniably magnetic screen presence.

It’s so sad what she became because she really was one of my very favourite actors when I was a kid. I’m sure virtually none of it holds up, but shit like Veronica’s Closet and that Disney movie where she was reincarnated as the Tooth Fairy were absolute staples.

Also, her insane weight loss adverts were legit iconic.

Shit like FAT ACTRESS was tragic and unfunny but she made it watchable

FC4F0466-7ADA-4BF5-8CD2-EE6BE2DD287B.jpeg

I had no idea she was 71.

Shame about being a reactionary, Trump stanning cultist, because as mentioned above, she really was charming.

I think of her as similar to Roseanne, 80s/90s sitcom stars who both went from unhinged (but fun) to unhinged (and offensive)

Roseanne took it to the extreme of course, as is her way

I don’t judge her too harshly as she was clearly a vulnerable person who was poisoned by Scientology at a low moment in her life and basically never got out.

I thought Veronica's Closet was a Brooke Shields vehicle but I see that was SUDDENLY SUSAN

I thought Veronica's Closet was a Brooke Shields vehicle but I see that was SUDDENLY SUSAN
Oh I really liked Suddenly Susan!

Anyway, Kristie Alley was the highlight for me when I watched Cheers the first time around. I was too young to remember the Diane years and it took me a while to warm to the early seasons later on because Rebecca made such an impact.

I may do a Look Who’s Talking Trilogy re-watch soon.

Isn't one of the mantras of Scientology that when you reach (pay for) the upper echelons of status within, that you are then immune from cancer? Shocking to learn that isn't true :(

I’m glad she also got a self-titled sitcom

View attachment 14580

Which gave way to this amazing Kathy Griffin story

cackling at this Kathy set.

I always thought Kirstie was very magnetic and beautiful but she just seemed like one of those people with too much baggage to every have a proper comeback, like all the stuff associated with her had eclipsed her talent somehow.

RIP!

• Care
Reactions: Hak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom