Kiss of Life (with Jessie Ware)

Jark

User
Seems like a video might have been shot

Kylie stole Jessie's writers/producers for this one, if she could also get the director of the WYP and Please videos that would be :disco:

Supposedly has an Almodovar ( :disco: ) influenced video but with Sophie Muller at the helm, in case she's having another off day, expect low res grainy shots and not much else.

Jessie should have just got whoever shot this:

to shoot it instead. :disco:

If she doesn't work with James Ford again after this it will be absolutely criminal.

This brings back the feels of the first deConstruction album.

Love Jessie and her little swagger.

This sounds like the perfect marriage of WYP Jessie at her most disco with that Kylie glittery shimmer.

It's on YouTube in full if anyone can't be bothered to wait until midnight.

Oh what the hell, there's like an hour left. I'll remove the link later.

[Redacted]

Last edited:
Something went wrong and the song turned @Jark straight
Oh no, this is a gay emergency, we've lost one

shock wow GIF by Pringles

I think I'm a bit thrown because it's SUCH a Jessie Ware track through and through - the "give me the kiss of life" line is so her. it's clearly a WYP? leftover they threw Kylie's way.

good song but I guess I expected a bit more Kylie DNA.

I like it, but I don't GET IT.

She's KYLIE MINOGUE, why is she releasing these obvious scraps from much lesser artists and calling it an album campaign?

I love it, their voices sound glorious together. The spoken bits :disco:

An extended version would be tremendous, a little more space to breathe.

While this was probably repurposed from WYP, A Second to Midnight is a Biff co-write/production so more likely to be a song from the Kylie camp and I don't expect Glo Gaynor brought her number with her. It is a re-release not a full album roll out, and by that standard the two songs so far are more than good enough for me.

I like it, but I don't GET IT.

She's KYLIE MINOGUE, why is she releasing these obvious scraps from much lesser artists and calling it an album campaign?

But doll, she’s a heritage artist, that the general population love and respect but don’t necessarily listen to her every song, so it’s not like she’s batting off Olivia Rodriguez (sp?) features. Additionally, Kylie’s always been a woman for the people and with a strong knowledge of what and who her fanbase love. To me it seems an incredibly obvious and well chosen path to tread.

Transcendent, 10/10, who gives a fuck about anything else about it when it sounds like THIS?

At this stage, I very much wanted Kylie on a Jessie track rather than the other way around. Like Eddie says, it fits on Disco, and like FetchFugly says, it's for a re-release. Ticks all the boxes without any reservation for me.

To me it sounds like a perfect halfway point between Disco and WYP which is exactly how it should sound really. Given that it was produced by James Ford, that it draws influences sonically from the latter, is kind of obvious - but that opening and the build up is far more :disco: than even Jessie attempted on her record.

The best thing for me is how divine they sound together. I'd absolutely be up for hearing more from the two of them.

Anyway, this is #9 on NMF on Spotify which isn't bad I suppose and higher than where A Second To Midnight entered.

It’s leaving me a bit cold to be honest.

This won’t be popular but it sounds like a decent Kylie song but a below average Jessie Ware song :D

Kylie’s voice always sounds too squeaky on duets in comparison to the other singer. I’d rather Jessie kept it and released it herself.

But that’s JUST ME

what the fuckachi is Kylie Ann wearing. I'm having X era war flashbacks.

On first listen, I like it a lot but I'm not necessarily THAT excited about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom