Kylie albums in the UK

Nancy

Don't phone, it's just for fun!
Does anyone have the UK sales figures for each of her albums?

updated figures for the last couple

Golden - 156.4k (including 22.7k from streams)
Step Back In Time - 124.5k (including 30.7k from streams)

updated figures for the last couple

Golden - 156.4k (including 22.7k from streams)
Step Back In Time - 124.5k (including 30.7k from streams)
Fantastic figures and the latter will keep on selling on the back of Disco. I imagine it'll hit 200K when all is said and done.

In the streaming era hopefully it NEVER WILL be done
I'm confused about this though - how did it get any streaming points whatsoever? All of the songs on it are singles which belong to previous albums, and their streams count toward those parent albums.

Can/did the label ask OCC to switch stream counts for those songs to this GH? In which case Kylie would have to have the licensing rights for all of her Parlophone catalogue, right?

Don't the streams count to THIS album, if that is what is being played?

You mean if they're playing it from Step Back In Time on Spotify? Yes, probably, but who is doing that? Not one of her top 10 most streamed songs on Spotify is being played from the GH, they're all from Fever/Aphrodite etc. Which makes me think all streams must have been switched to count to Step Back In Time, otherwise she could never have made 30k streaming units

From the OCC Rules For Chart Eligibility, May 2016

'Where a track appears on more than one album by an artist, streams of this track will be attributed equally to each studio album and a maximum of one greatest hits album (the hits title with the highest DUS for that given week, or other hits title nominated in advance by label).

You mean if they're playing it from Step Back In Time on Spotify? Yes, probably, but who is doing that? Not one of her top 10 most streamed songs on Spotify is being played from the GH, they're all from Fever/Aphrodite etc. Which makes me think all streams must have been switched to count to Step Back In Time, otherwise she could never have made 30k streaming units

So looking at what I just copied, they haven't been switched as they don't need to be - the streams count for BOTH?!

:D surely not?

So if 10k of that 30k in streaming points were the Fever singles, did Fever "sell" 10k more over the same period? what a joke!

Is this the equivalent of STOCKING PROBLEMS or Invincible sold 4m in 3 days bwahahaha in the 2020 streaming era? I'm confused.

What about acts like Abba and Queen? Their studio albums must be ticking over considerable 'sales' purely on the basis of Gold and Greatest Hits...

Is this the equivalent of STOCKING PROBLEMS or Invincible sold 4m in 3 days bwahahaha in the 2020 streaming era? I'm confused.

Except it would be true for EVERYONE, of course.

Is it to do with the number of tracks being streamed off an album counting as a 'sale'? I'm not sure ive ever understood that.

Anyway, whichever way one slices it, you can't deny those rather MOISTENING 100K+ figures for both records.

If we go back to the Caution/Madame X/Golden discussion I would guess Golden has outsold Caution globally.

If we go back to the Caution/Madame X/Golden discussion I would guess Golden has outsold Caution globally.

I don't think there can be much doubt. Golden has sold more in the UK alone than Caution did in the US (their respective strongest markets), and charted much better outside of those markets.

From the OCC Rules For Chart Eligibility, May 2016

'Where a track appears on more than one album by an artist, streams of this track will be attributed equally to each studio album and a maximum of one greatest hits album (the hits title with the highest DUS for that given week, or other hits title nominated in advance by label).

attributed equally... I suppose that could also mean a 50/50 split?

attributed equally... I suppose that could also mean a 50/50 split?

I wish you wouldn't be so sensible! I mean that would actually make sense - except why would a label want to deny sales to the album it's currently promoting, and allocating them to a catalogue album nobody is interested in?

I wish you wouldn't be so sensible! I mean that would actually make sense - except why would a label want to deny sales to the album it's currently promoting, and allocating them to a catalogue album nobody is interested in?

yeah that had crossed my mind. The accounting-based “don’t give a shit about the labels”, ie the OCC, might go 50/50.

but then the “the music industry is just fine, no further questions” way would be double counting everything to fuck so everyone is too happy to argue with the maths

updated UK sales figures

KM94 - 124,806
Impossible Princess - 64,483
Light Years - 498,337
Fever - 1,724,340
Body Language - 403,251
X - 473,537
Aphrodite - 335,474
Kiss Me Once - 90,884
Kylie Christmas - 148,238
Golden - 157,134
Step Back in Time - 128,581

if she can get another hit with this record and keep it ticking away over a few months, to get four albums straights on 100-150k (two of which weren't studio albums) would be really impressive. her career has been nicely rescued after the disaster of Kiss Me Once. I wonder if the flop of it and the not-sold out tour burned her personally

Abbey Road Sessions 235k according to Wikipedia (and an OCC article from March 19)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom