Kylie at Sydney World Pride

I can see a fair bit of GRIPING on SayHey about the setlist.

“Spinning Around”
“Get Outta My Way”
“Light Years” / “Supernova”
“Your Disco Needs You”
“Slow” / “Love to Love You Baby”
“Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
“All the Lovers” with Dannii Minogue

To be fair, with the exception of Get Outta My Way, that's pretty much a Pride 101 playlist, no?

I suppose there wasn't any old stuff, but I doubt anyone wants to chew their face off to Got To Be Certain any time soon...

I’d have swapped Light Years/Supernova for Say Something, but yeah for a Pride fest for casuals that’s a fine setlist!

It's all just a bit meh though isn't it? With the exception of including Supernova you could have plonked this performance into any random one over the last ten years. Her look hasn't changed in the slightest. I suppose there's something to be said about her looking as if she hasn't aged one iota in that time though. :disco:

Last edited:
I think maybe the reason they didn't include Say Something is that they want it to be a real MOMENT in its first live outing.

It's all just a bit meh though isn't it? With the exception of including Supernova you could have plonked this performance into any random one over the last ten years. Her look hasn't changed in the slightest. I suppose there's something to be said about her looking as if she hasn't aged one iota on that time though. :disco:

OH SHUT UP

It's WORLD PRIDE! The setlist we want:

GBI
Cowboy Style
Spinning Around
Put Yourself In My Place
Where The Wild Roses Grow (Ska version)
Love At First Sight (1988)
Red Blooded Woman/ Nu-Di-Ty/ Mr President mash-up

It's WORLD PRIDE! The setlist we want:

GBI
Cowboy Style
Spinning Around
Put Yourself In My Place
Where The Wild Roses Grow (Ska version)
Love At First Sight (1988)
Red Blooded Woman/ Nu-Di-Ty/ Mr President mash-up
:D

Just make the songs sound a bit more fresh is all. I have no issues with the set list.

Just make the songs sound a bit more fresh is all. I have no issues with the set list.

It's literally a guest spot on a multi- act showcase that is not (to my knowledge) televised.

How much do you expect her to invest into this?

How is that not already the National LGBT anthem???

INTERnational

To be fair, it kind of WAS here for a while. There was a long period where you could not go to a gay club without it being played- I reckon close to a decade!

It was boring as anything but ABSOLUTELY what the slot required

All the CASUAL HITS and BASIC GANGERS

Quite RIGHT too :disco:

INTERnational

To be fair, it kind of WAS here for a while. There was a long period where you could not go to a gay club without it being played- I reckon close to a decade!
I still here it any time I've been out at one of the clubs in the area.

Judging by the Youtube clips I think it did go out on ABC Australia.

That roar :disco:

Judging by the Youtube clips I think it did go out on ABC Australia.

Which let’s face it, we ALL knew the minute EDDY gave his passive aggressive “oh I didn’t know” just waiting for me to be tripped up.

Which let’s face it, we ALL knew the minute EDDY gave his passive aggressive “oh I didn’t know” just waiting for me to be tripped up.
You are reading WAY too much into it.

We all know that in terms of viewers, Australia doesn't count anyway. At best 1,000 people watching.

The set list is perfect for this kind of thing. What else would she do for a gay parade performance?!

FpwAMaMXoAcKe96.jpg

You have to remember that the majority of the audience is going to be casual Kylie fans, not people who've listened to her albums hundreds of times. It's not her fault you're bored of hearing the songs sound the same live :D

Most people don't go to see Kylie to watch a jungle-trance dub mix of CGYOOMH with jazz guitars and a gospel choir. They want to get drunk and sing along.

I saw a picture elsewhere and assumed it was years ago. I'll have to watch this on a proper upload soon - what a glorious moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom