Kylie - Disco (album 15)

Best first week sales of the year eh? :o

The fans on FB have been buying ENDLESS COPIES, so I'm not that shocked really.

Real Groove will end week one with 1.5m+ streams, which is ahead of Magic at the same point. Miss a Thing will be on 1m, which is ahead of I Love It. She's doing really quite NICELY on Spotify.

Are Say Something and Magic still heading for top 30 too? I am surprised Say Something was ahead of MADGIK in the mids given the push its been getting

Best first week sales of the year?

Fuck me, she’s going to crash SO hard next week :D

maybe she'll have the best second week sales of the year :)

I can see sales bottoming out at around 8-10k in week 3 and then holding/rising nicely again in December, especially if she bags a Strictly perf.

So that Vogue spread that was mooted a month or so ago is for American Vogue and the interview has been uploaded online:

https://www.vogue.com/article/kylie-minogue-disco-new-album

It's quite :( reading about her insecurities relating to her voice:

Minogue’s incomparable voice is a sincere instrument that’s only grown stronger with age. But she cites it as one the biggest insecurities she’s had to tackle. “I’ve had more than my fair share of criticism of my voice over the years,” she says. “And I’ve had the voices in my head knocking on my door, saying, ‘You can’t sing. She can’t sing!’ A lot of it is to do with insecurity, so when naysayers are playing with your insecurities, that’s a difficult battle. I’ve had to really tell myself, ‘Wait, how are you being successful if they’re telling you that you can’t sing and your voice is not a valid voice?’ I would really struggle with that.”

And my deluxe arrived. Just turquoise, not a HINT of marbling.

Cunts.

If you look at it under an intense light apparently the marbling IS there.

That aside have you finally listened to this? It's a bit strange to have a Kylie album out for a week and no word of a review from our Sheena.

So that Vogue spread that was mooted a month or so ago is for American Vogue and the interview has been uploaded online:

https://www.vogue.com/article/kylie-minogue-disco-new-album

It's quite :( reading about her insecurities relating to her voice:
which makes it all the weirder that she chooses to sing so nasally or shrill so often when we know from various live and studio vocals that she's more than capable of sounding fucking great.

I saw a comment on Popjustice about how good she sounded on Say Something live (THE PERF) and asking why she's "so thin and reedy" on the album. It's been an issue for a while now. And yet on Magic she sounds absolutely incredible.

all of that said, the album is growing on me with each listen. there is a gulf between the highlights and the filler but I don't necessarily need to skip anything.

highly obsessed with I Love It at present.

I suppose some of it is to do with the vocal processing. Sky Adams isn't great at it tbh.

Anyway I really don't have an issue with her vocals on this album apart from I Love It and that isn't even one of his songs. This is Kylie's voice. It isn't to everyone's taste - it's always been marmite in nature.

I love her falsetto as it goes. I know some people don't.

I've never really had a big issue with Kylie's vocals on any album, but live she very often has to project more obviously, so it gets very, very nasal and shrill in her live shows.

oh hai is this a new album? Felt cute, thought I'd rate:

08 Magic
07 Miss A Thing
05 Real Groove
03 Monday Blues
13 Say Something (one of the best songs of 2020)
06 Last Chance
06 I Love It
02 Where Does The DJ Go?
09 Dance Floor Darling (keeping this)
06 Unstoppable
05 Celebrate You
07 Til You Love Somebody
05 Fine Wine
06 Hey Lonely
06 Spotlight

Some of that looks a little critical but it's all relative - I'm not a massive Kylie fan, always been very selective. I usually like or love 1 or 2 songs from each album so that's a good showing. Objectively I like all the disco / late 70s pop references. I'd say my fave Kylie album since Body Language.

@funky pretty much on point

Athough watch the real groove perf on YouTube as it totally upgrades the song

If you look at it under an intense light apparently the marbling IS there.

That aside have you finally listened to this? It's a bit strange to have a Kylie album out for a week and no word of a review from our Sheena.

Nope! :D

those scores and it's your fave since Body Language :D poor the others since!

It'll be interesting to see her streaming STATS for this in comparison to those for Golden.

No.1 album in Germany confirmed too.
that's her first since Fever :disco:

who could've GUESSED that Min ditching the banjos for disco-lite would be the FUN FOR EUROPE required to top the charts again? :eyes:

she's selling like HOTCAKES! can't wait to see the formats breakdown :D

I'm more interested in what happens next week now that her fans have empties their pockets for between 3 and 7 copies each.

Normally with sales that high, even with a 80% drop off in week two she'd still possibly hold top five. With all the releases coming out now though, it will probably be worse.

Almost enough to make me hope she doesn't get the #1 so it's a bit less obvious...

she'll probably sell around 12-14k next week (Sam is on for 9.3k-ish in week 2 from a 24k first week) which would easily be enough to hold top five unless it really is a new release FLURRY

Golden sold 13.3k at #4.

incidentally its opening week streaming points made 1.8k of sales from the 48k total so it'll be interesting to see how that compares now for Disco.

p.s. Why is "Where Does The DJ Go?" universally LOATHED on here? I guess some people find it too twee and silly but you're all acting like it's the illegitimate disco love-child of Nudity and I Was Gonna Cancel.

p.s. Why is "Where Does The DJ Go?" universally LOATHED on here? I guess some people find it too twee and silly but you're all acting like it's the illegitimate disco love-child of Nudity and I Was Gonna Cancel.

Is it? I don't hate it. I'd say Monday Blues was the more criticised song.

Golden spent a good 4 weeks in the top 10 didn't it? Whilst it's a much busier period now, I think she can at least comfortably do a fortnight.

Monday Blues is better than DJ.

DJ is just cheap rubbish sped-up TRASH written by somebody who couldn't be ARSED.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom