Kylie - Say Something

my god, it is SO KYLIE. i have no choice but to put it on repeat and STAN.

I can't listen yet, but the comparisons to Lost Without You are getting me VERY excited :disco:

I hope Jon Green has produced lots on the album. He really suits her aesthetic.

This song is exceptionally well layered. I have only just heard and noticed the drawn out “this is love” in the outro. The production is magnificent.

I think my favourite bit is the intro before she starts singing. Those exhalations :disco:

All in all, it won't trouble my Kylie Top 20 but it's good stuff

This is fucking HOLY.

It’s tough to put a finger on it but it’s got a certain ethereal quality to it while retaining the quintessential longing and single disco tear Kylie ambience. In that sense it does feel like a distant cousin to All The Lovers, not in sound but in spirit. :angel:

I NEED

#KylieIsHoly

Kylie_minogue_Illuminidol_Jesus_Candle_grande.jpg

I've moved on from Say Something exclusively, but I've decided I'm not listening to anyone except Kylie for the rest of the week.
Same. While I acknowledge three hours of continuous play doesn't do it justice, I've shuffled the playlist you shared.

Same. While I acknowledge three hours of continuous play doesn't do it justice, I've shuffled the playlist you shared.
It's the TITS

Even if Golden live seems to come up a little too frequently for my liking

It wouldn’t sound out of place on X?

definitely less disco sounding that I thought it was going to.

it’s is very good though.

Yeah it's slightly odd that the whole campaign so far has been IT'S ME KYLIE THE DISCO DIVA GET READY TO DANCE TO MY DISCO ALBUM DISCO and then she releases something... not particularly disco sounding :side-eye:

Reactions: SDF
We’re just trying to find ourselves in the storms we chase”. What a lyric.

My only tiny quibble is she sounds a bit Ariana Grande in parts, not that it’s a bad thing but it sounds as if she is aping her somewhat.

Last edited:
Yeah it's slightly odd that the whole campaign so far has been IT'S ME KYLIE THE DISCO DIVA GET READY TO DANCE TO MY DISCO ALBUM DISCO and then she releases something... not particularly disco sounding :side-eye:

slightly? :D

Reactions: dUb
After two listens I quite like it but am not living for it. I’ll give it proper focus on the headphones after work. The intro music is very similar to part of Queen’s I Want To Break Free.

I think some people have a very, very narrow idea of what "disco" sounds like...
Please don't 'some people' sub-post about me, HeLikedTurner, whom I have known in real life for many years. If you would like to respond to my post I strongly encourage you to do so directly.

Anyway it doesn't sound disco to an uninformed/basic person like ME and I would bet as a result most of the population so it's a TAD confusing in terms of the messaging. I bet it wasn't even meant to be the first single until a gay intern realised it sounded a bit like it was about COVID. Flop era confirmed. :basil:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom