Lady Gaga album survivor - FINAL & RESULT

Which is your WINNER?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iguana

If I only could...
Final result: https://www.moopy.co.uk/threads/lady-gaga-album-survivor-final-result.105567/post-4531620

With 21 votes apiece, we bid adieu to ARTPOP and Chromatica which leads us to the sooner-than-expected FINAL.

1660122601877.png

.v.

1660122636046.png

Get voting FOR YOUR WINNER!

=3. ARTPOP

1660122568079.png

=3. Chromatica

1660122712439.png

5. The Fame (15 votes)
6. Joanne (21 votes)
7. A Star Is Born (20 votes)
8. Cheek To Cheek (27 votes)
9. Love for Sale (28 votes)

Last edited:
I'm a bit stumped! The Fame Monster is one of the best albums / EPs of C21. And yet Born This Way offers so much in such a different way and I'm more in a Born This Way mood at the moment. HMMM

well there's only ONE album of the DECADE!

let's have a FULL HOUSE of LEATHER :disco:

The only good thing about ARTPOP being felled too soon is that it makes this choice beyond easy.

Born This Way is EXCELLENT, obviously. But The Fame Monster is just the greatest collection of music ever recorded. Dance in the Dark isn't just Gaga's best song, but THE BEST SONG OF ALL TIME (other than Heidi Montag's Body Language, Obvs)

There can be no other winner. VOTE THE FAME MONSTER

original.gif

The gag for me is that my Top 2 would have been ARTPOP vs Chromatica.

As much as TFM is crystalline pop perfection, Born This Way is such a gargantuan work of hubris that is was just too big to fail (and yet it kind of did). Thus being a neverending paradox of boundless creativity and concepts too large for a human-sized head to accommodate.

And Born This Way at the Chromatica Ball was quite simply a spiritual experience.

I used to hate Born This Way (the song) because it's so earnest and my cynical self did not vibe with Mother Monster - spiritual guru to the broken baby gays.

But it was a true highlight of the Chromatica Ball.

And the lesson here is to kill the part of you that cringes and PUT YOUR FUCKING PAWS UP BECAUSE YOU WERE BORN THIS WAY.

My opinion on BTW has softened over the years and I can definitely see how it would sound great live. It still wouldn't bother my Gaga top 10 though.

I've also softened on the song, but the album remains 50% actively dreadful.

Are we treating Fame Monster as just the 8 tracks or including the original Fame album too?

I find it extremely churlish, given the political backdrop in which we find ourselves in the US, the UK, Eastern Europe, Russia, to be one of those gays who still maintains that Born This Way (song) was ham-fisted, patronising and whatever else was levelled at it at the time by gays who felt they didn't need it.

My bf, who grew up in a very backward, provincial Russian town, and is not really a Gaga fan in any meaningful sense, burst into tears when she performed the first verse and chorus at the piano at the Chromatica Ball (and then danced through tears when the regular version kicked in). I don't think I will ever not love it as a "vessel" for a message after witnessing that.

BTW for me, Fame Monster doesn’t have enough to it for me, I could forgive a bit of slack on a lot album but it’s only really Bad Romance and Dance in the Dark I really stan, maybe Telephone too

10 Bad Romance
10 Alejandro
10 Monster
10 Speechless
11 Dance in the Dark
09 Telephone (11 for Beyonce's part)
11 So Happy I Could Die
08 Teeth

And I'm not even that much of a Lady Gaga fan

Reactions: GNL
Disappointed but not surprised by the current result. As if anyone here even listens to Speechless or Teeth lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom