Lana Del Rey - Blue Banisters

It appears Chemtrails was snubbed at the Grammy's :(

Blue Banisters will be eligible next year.

Meanwhile, it is top 100 again on the Billboard 200 :eyes:

93 158 4 Blue Banisters ‒ Lana Del Rey ( 8 )
this year's Grammy noms are a shit show and stick so closely to what was commercially successful it might as well be the BBMAs.

fortunately that BB200 climb is guaranteed to put Blue Banisters on their radar in '22.

still, real queens don't live for the acclaim! ha! WHAT!

RIAA just updated her US certifications on 29(!) albums/singles. The updated album certs are below.

RIAA.com:

LANA DEL REY
Title: BORN TO DIE
Certification Date: November 24, 2021
Label: INTERSCOPE RECORDS / POLYDOR
Format: ALBUM
3x Platinum

LANA DEL REY
Title: ULTRAVIOLENCE
Platinum

LANA DEL REY
Title: HONEYMOON
Gold

LANA DEL REY
Title: NORMAN ******* ROCKWELL
Gold

Lust for Life was already Gold.

Poor old Chemtrails and Blue Banisters.

Honored with "Artist of the Decade" award by Variety

lana-del-rey-and-olivia-rodrigo-attend-varietys-hitmakers-brunch-by-picture-id1357178890

QUESTION

When you listen to Beautiful on earphones as I'm sure you do daily, does anyone else get a bit of distortion on the big notes? Trying to work out if it's my earphones or they just didn't do a great job of mastering that one.

It's rumored she is re-connecting with Rick Nowels for the next album (he apparently teased this to a fan via Instagram dm so take with a grain of salt)

Also, new pic from Lana :eyes:

F8-F21-C1-F-2609-46-FD-B2-B2-332-BC63-CFBAF.jpg

going back to Rick would be wonderful, he's been her strongest collaborator.

It's rumored she is re-connecting with Rick Nowels for the next album (he apparently teased this to a fan via Instagram dm so take with a grain of salt)

Also, new pic from Lana :eyes:

F8-F21-C1-F-2609-46-FD-B2-B2-332-BC63-CFBAF.jpg

As my father would have said in the 80s - that'll be lovely when it's finished.

Feeling a six month re-assessment of Blue Banisters. I've grown to love how bare it is, and its charms now outshine a couple of her albums that shall remain nameless. Some of my favorite moments are below:

10 Text Book - Old man river keeps rolling, with or without him.
10 Blue Banisters - Summer comes, winter goes, spring I skip, God knows...
09 Arcadia - I'm not from the land of palms, so I know I can't stay here, I'm not native.
-- The Trio
10 Black Bathing Suit - It's cause of you that I'm mean, it's my afterthoughts.
08 If You Lie Down With Me - Don't say you're over me. baby, it's already too late.
07 Beautiful - Let me show you how sadness can turn into happiness...
10 Violets for Roses - Still, the shadows haunt the avenue. the silence is deafening.
08 Dealer - Why can't you be good for something? Not one shirt off your back.
07 Thunder- If hello just means goodbye then, baby, better walk away.
09 Wildflower Wildfire - Comfortably numb, but with lithium came poetry.
05 Nectar of the Gods - beautiful gowns?
09 Living Legend - You are my living legend-- *wawawawawawawawawawawawawawawawaw*
10 Cherry Blossom - And when you're scared, I'll be right here. You feel afraid, mommy is there. It's a cruel, cruel world but we don't care, because what we've got, we've got to share.
10 Sweet Carolina - I'll always be right here, closer to you than my next breath my dear.

The stifled up maternal energy in some of these tracks make me WEEP.

CURRENT ALBUM RANKING

1. Blue Banisters
2. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
3. Ultraviolence
4. Born To Die
5. Paradise
6. Lust For Life
7. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
8. Honeymoon

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
2. Ultraviolence
3. Lust for Life
4. Paradise
5. Blue Banisters
6. Chemtrails over the Country Club
7. Honeymoon
8. Born to Die

01 Norman Fucking Rockwell!
02 Lust For Life
03 Honeymoon
04 Ultraviolence
05 Chemtrails Over the Country Club
06 Blue Banisters
07 Born to Die
08 Paradise

I got that poetry album in Fopp for £3 and it's actually OK - more diverting than I'd expected. I mean, I wanted the monologues from the 'Ride' video x 14 but I already knew it wasn't that. Antonoff's backing is a bit annoying in places tho'.

1. Normal Fucking Rowell
2. Blue Bannisters
3. Born To Die
4. Paradise
... the other ones that I need to spend more time listening to

1. Ultraviolence
2. Born To Die (fight me)
3. NFR!
4. Lust For Life
5. Paradise
6. Honeymoon
7. Blue Banisters
8. Chemtrails (I think I listened to it once, sorry Lana)

Each new album there’s a chance she’ll say/do something that crosses the line into actually Republican

I’m sure she is but she makes weird comments sometimes right? Or am I misremembering?
She's certainly unpredictable when she gets rambly! But I remember that Chemtrails BBC radio interview where she went off on the Republicans and politicians in GENERAL

Well good! Though if a singer (who isn’t country or kid rock or something) was a republic, I doubt they’d admit it

she's not republican, I think she's just a bit HOLLYWOOD HILLS HIPPIE in a HAZE OF WEED, so sometimes it gets a lil' MESSY!

but it's ok 'cos Caroline's in the back yard
she's checkin' Twitter, she says don't check your feed
someone pops a beer, Nikki Lane reappears and I
feel freed

She is just easily misunderstood and needs a better PR rep. I don't think there is ever any intent behind it (ill will or otherwise). the most recent example is when she was accused of being a Trump apologist in that rambling interview she did while high as a kite. she was really just calling him a narcissist. Or when she was accused of being racist for singling out black female musicians getting away with being more provocative than she was, but the women she named weren't even all women of color in the first place (hi Ariana).

Well, it has experienced a sales surge recently (thanks to being £3 in HMV/Fopp).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom