Lana Del Rey - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd (24 March 2023)

for someone who writes such fatalist lyrics and romanticises being choked to death by your DADDY$$ while having sex and smoking fags she seems quite cool and collected in that video :disco:

I can appreciate Honeymoon these days but the second half is a bit TOO languid for me bar "The Blackest Day". The last three tracks really aren't necessary. It should have just ended there. I might put it on today though, it is a vibe.
I’ve just popped it on :disco:

I don’t understand the “a bit too languid” critique though. Surely that’s the whole point of her? If it doesn’t sound like she’s recording the vocal half-dead on a chaise longue after nibbling on a family size box of Quaaludes, I’m simply NOT interested!

oh I think it all climaxes between Salvatore and Swan Song actually. that's the best section. fantastic record though, my feelings on it have totally transformed.

10 Honeymoon
07 Music to Watch Boys To
10 Terrence Loves You
09 God Knows I Tried
08 High By the Beach
07 Freak
10 Art Deco
08 Religion
10 Salvatore
11 The Blackest Day
09 24
10 Swan Song
09 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
:disco: although 10 for Music To Watch Boys To IMO (and 2 for the final track - I don’t know her)

PINK FLAMINGOS ALWAYS FASCINATED ME

10 for Freak as well now I think of it. It sounds like it’s coming from the bottom of the ocean and sung by the RECENTLY DROWNED (after being thrown in there by a Very Bad Man)

In fact it’s pretty much wall to wall tens OR NOT FAR OFF when it comes to the career highlight that is Honeymoon :disco:

She confirmed an announcement (presumably album pre-order) is coming Dec. 7th. :o

Her website is also blacked out, a new era is upon us :disco:

"Lana Sings Christmas".

Cue 6 minute slow ambient version of "Another Rock & Roll Christmas" because no-one told her.

Reactions: GNL
Ok but we want proper promo you lazy bitch

A performance and an interview wouldn't hurt. The elusive, kooky mysterious recluse schtick is getting old. She's the new ENYA (In many ways).

Jack posted another pic of Lana today in the studio. Latest rumor is that the lead single is “Did You Know There is a Tunnel under Ocean Boulevard?” and it’s coming this Friday. :o

Now that the dust has settled on the last two…

1. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
2. Ultraviolence
3. Lust for Life
4. Honeymoon
5. Paradise
6. Born to Die
7. Chemtrails over the Country Club
8. Blue Banisters

So Chemtrails has two songs that would compete for my all time Lana top ten (Yosemite, White Dress) but it doesn’t feel like the body of work it should be. I like plenty on Blue Banisters but it does feel like her Sweet Escape in that half of it is clearly leftovers. Also something is a bit off with the producing and mixing… particularly Wildflower Wildfire. This BoZ person also confirmed the album is her first since Lust for Life without any outtakes from prior albums.

Ultraviolence has just been certified Platinum in the UK. Are any of her other albums close?

Apparently she's having a viral moment on TikTok due to an alternate version of Groupie Love leaking a while ago(which frankly BOPS harder than the album edit)

Honestly the whole Lust for Life album is due a reappraisal. Its hit rate is exceptional for its length. Too bad about Coachella…

I like plenty on Blue Banisters but it does feel like her Sweet Escape in that half of it is clearly leftovers.
I wouldn't have had a clue to be honest :D Cherry Blossom is from the UV sessions but sounds totally in line with everything else including the new stuff. I don't think it feels like leftovers at all. only Dealer is clearly from another era/project, and I like the titty slapping VARIATION of THAT

I wouldn't have had a clue to be honest :D Cherry Blossom is from the UV sessions but sounds totally in line with everything else including the new stuff. I don't think it feels like leftovers at all. only Dealer is clearly from another era/project, and I like the titty slapping VARIATION of THAT
I guess a lot of it just lacks its own identity to me, so it makes sense not much feels out of place per se… just a bit lacking in direction on the whole.

Honestly the whole Lust for Life album is due a reappraisal. Its hit rate is exceptional for its length. Too bad about Coachella…
All the Lust for Life demos that have leaked sound amazing. I would kill to have the original "witch vibes" the album was supposed to have instead of the more mainstream oriented album we ended up with. Commercially it made sense though.

new logo. very Grand Theft Auto meets the Godfather.

ShopDesign-5690.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom