Let's talk about LA TOYA JACKSON

POP!

Let the light in
To get into the La Toya mood for her reality television breakthrough of '09, let's talk about her quite fantastic pop career. :disco:

We'll start off with the BARE BASICS:

the tropical, reggae tinged "Heart Don't Lie"

"(Ain't Nobody Loves You) Like I Do"

And my favorite (mainly cause of the video)

"You're Gonna Get Rocked"

I know Ellie likes some Toy. :smoke:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's all about her amazing biography. And her 2003/2004 dance album campaign 'Free The World'

Toy with Apollonia :D

wolfgang-puck-cut-steakhouse-opening.jpg

SHE'S GOT THE LOOKS:

So she has sold over a million records according to that discography.

If that includes singles, I don't see how that is much of an exaggeration if at all. Not that she was a huge international recording artist, but back then even flop albums like Janet's first LPs sold a decent amount in the US (just shy of 500,000 each, apparently).

"If You Feel The Funk" is a cult disco classic

Night Time Lover - written by Michael with a few guest backing vocals

"Night Time Lover" is the only thing I've heard THUS FAR that has been actually QUITE GOOD :disco:

I used to have a bewildering collection of LaToya MP3s. All lost now sadly.

I remember Kamp Kutchi Kiaa being a VERY bizarre piece of 'music'.

Just Wanna Dance is craptastic, the lyrics defy belief. Especially funny given her completely incongruous persona on Celeb BB.

Last edited:
I LOVE Just Wanna Dance, does anyone have that mix from the youtube they could g for me (I presume it's the original). I only have the Vibelicious mix (ALSO AMAZING)

EDIT: I now have the original, and a PLETHORA of mixes. Ask if you want anything.

Last edited:
God I haven't heard Just Wanna Dance for ages, I did love it. If only she had done some performances.

All those references to her 'Big back door' are really quite disturbing.

Da da dee da da DEE da da DA
I'm getting DRESSED
To look my BEST tonight
It's FRIDAY NIGHT and I can't wait to PARTY

I DEMAND a release of "Just Wanna Dance". And "Night Time Lover" is truly FABULOUS :disco: reminds me of "Love Child".

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Just Wanna Dance is ACTUALLY PROPER AMAZING and deserves a proper release. Hopefully we'll finally get Startin' Over released now she's done CBB. Ooh look at me looning up! :D

I love He's My Brother, I ordered the Bad Girl album the other day and actually cannot wait for it to arrive (I have been Spotifying this album like mad this week).

:disco:

Last edited:
After seeing this interview, she's my hero:

I just downloaded 4 of her albums, including Startin' Over, let's see how they are. :o

Okay, so I've been able to download all her albums (excluding the Country one :|) and most of them are quite poor, but I am really liking Heart Don't Lie and My Special Love, and even that Motown covers album that she supposedly recorded against her own will in 1 hour time seems fun after a brief listen of a few songs.

And I never knew she worked with SAW on the second half of the You're Gonna Get Rocked album, but aside from the wonderful "(Ain't Nobody Loves You) Like I Do" it's nothing special. And of course Startin' Over is fantastic.

I think a La Toya Top 15 countdown may be in order someday. :disco:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom