Let's try...Saturday

Hi Moopy.

I did another fused art glass yesterday. My talents are endless. It still needs to be cooked.
IMG_20240412_153353_579.jpg

Despite my legs hurting from a thursday gym workout and doing a load of ket last night I just cycled to go fetch ron jr and feel great for it. Stopped in M&S on the way home and the little swine did me for a £2.50 pastry.

Morning. I joined in the sweepstake at work for the Grand National, if I win I'm going to buy a cheap air-fryer for the office kitchen.

We used to do this at work and now too many people complain about the gambling aspect so we can't

We did a sweepstake at the vets for the Grand national one year. Then everyone was torn between wanting to win money, and not liking the cruelty side of horse racing. So it got cancelled.

We used to do this at work and now too many people complain about the gambling aspect so we can't

We did a sweepstake at the vets for the Grand national one year. Then everyone was torn between wanting to win money, and not liking the cruelty side of horse racing. So it got cancelled.

Yeah, we had one too and quite a few people complained, mainly about the cruelty. It was quietly pulled during the first wave of Covid and never came back.

Morning Moopy!

Had a lovely morning- went for a swim and then met a girl I lived with in France 25 years ago and who I haven’t seen in nearly 20. It’s made me all NOSTALGIQUE :disco:

I'm not a gambler but I don't really consider a sweepstake gambling, it's more on a level with a raffle for me. Several years ago one of the blokes in the office helped me to set up a Betfred account to gamble on Cheltenham because I'd never done it and he was big into gambling, they were matching the amount you put in and giving extra bets so I put a fiver in and made some bets and felt physically sick all the time my money was in there because I'd wasted a fiver. I won my fiver back, withdrew it and that was the last time I gambled.

They were doing the sweepstake with or without me anyway so I picked my five horses and then gave my views about how it's cruel and should be banned, not just the National but all horse, dog and other animal racing.

For obvious reasons the National is a huge thing here in Liverpool :rolleyes:

This year our sweep went up to £5 a horse and our winner will get £100. I normally set a budget of £20 for my online bets and I usually only bet on this. Last year I bet on Carlos Alcaraz to win Wimbledon as I had some winnings in my account that was under the threshold for minimum payout - so that was a bonus when he won too :)

What a stunning day. Ice cream in the park. Fire, meat and marshmallows in the garden incoming.

I still refuse to get out of bed. I have zero motivation for the day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom