Lisa Marie Presley DEAD

Saltwater

Ex QOTB

So sad.

Noooo :( I saw an update she had cardiac arrest so was hoping it wouldn't come to this.

Her music career was a lot better and more interesting than she ever really got credit for.

I always loved this one.

I remember when she appeared with her late famous husband at the beginning of some Mtv VMA (94?) where they kissed in front of the cameras and left :D

I liked her aloof, moody no-nonsense appeal. Poor Priscilla - just days from such a touching moment shared between them (albeit a public display of one). What a devastating turn of events for the family.

Sad. They just wrapped the Priscilla movie.

I just literally was watching some GG speeches on YouTube and saw her and Priscilla in the audience watching Austin Butler, thinking how lovely it was to see them there. This is truly dreadful :(

This is awful - her poor family have suffered so much trauma.

'Lights Out' is a great song.

Oh that's sad, I saw it was possible last night.

I recall her from her very real relationship with MJ and am more familiar with her mother. Vague memories of a music career as illustrated above.

RIP.

She did a song with Pink called Shine which I loved at the time. Very sad.

Oh no this is absolutely terrible. She lived to only twelve years older than her father. :(

I remember reading a few years back that she lost all of her hundreds of millions of inheritance to bad investments, and ended up in debt. I’m not sure if she ever managed to turn things around in that respect.

I was just listening to Lights Out. The lyrics hit a little different now.

Someone turned the lights out there in Memphis
That's where my family are buried and gone
Last time I was there I noticed a space left
Next to them there in Memphis
On the damn back lawn

I assume I heard that first single at least back in the day, but I have no recollection of any of her music at all.

Lights Out got to #16 here, but none of her subsequent material did anything. Which is a shame, because she genuinely did some really good stuff. It was a lot more interesting than your standard nepotism fuelled vanity project material, but inevitably that's what she was largely dismissed as doing.

I certainly don't recognise it by title. The album cover is familiar though. I assume that's from years of browsing CD racks.

I remember reading a few years back that she lost all of her hundreds of millions of inheritance to bad investments, and ended up in debt. I’m not sure if she ever managed to turn things around in that respect.
It was her dodgy ex husband Michael Lockwood who was mostly behind squandering the cash.

Lights Out got to #16 here, but none of her subsequent material did anything. Which is a shame, because she genuinely did some really good stuff. It was a lot more interesting than your standard nepotism fuelled vanity project material, but inevitably that's what she was largely dismissed as doing.
I remember some outside concert broadcast on I think The Today Show where she performed for the crowd. It was filled with people holding up signs saying “I love your Dad”. That must be so destroying.

I know obviously I took an initial interest due to the MJ connection, but I wouldn’t have bought the albums or gone to a concert for any other reason than liking the music.

It was her dodgy ex husband Michael Lockwood who was mostly behind squandering the cash.

I thought it was more to do with her manager? I know she had to pay her ex a lot as they shared a child but surely it would be small fry in the grand scheme of things?

I thought it was more to do with her manager? I know she had to pay her ex a lot as they shared a child but surely it would be small fry in the grand scheme of things?
He was her manager too, wasn’t he? He took over everything as far as I remember.

He was her manager too, wasn’t he? He took over everything as far as I remember.

Ah you are probably right. I didn’t realise he was also her manager, that makes sense.

It wasn’t her ex-husband, it was another manager. He convinced her to sell most of her Elvis stock to clear her debts and make a steady stream of income, but then the company that bought it went bust and she lost millions, so she sued him.

Ah you are probably right. I didn’t realise he was also her manager, that makes sense.
Actually, according to a recent article just now in the Daily M**l it was someone else. I just remember the ex husband wanting a ridiculous amount of money in “spousal support” and claiming she had more money than she said she had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom