LISTENING PARTY - Lana Del Rey - Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

10 The Grants
08 Ocean Blvd
08 Sweet
09 A&W
09 Candy Necklace
10 Kintsugi
10 Fingertips
9.5 Paris Texas
10 Grandfather
11 Let the Light In
5.5 Margaret
09 Fishtail
9.5 Peppers
9.5 Taco Truck x VB

Yeah, no interludes, Fingertips is a bit too abstract so that can go, shuffle the tracklisting a bit and there we go.

I do enjoy a good sync listen, I must say. We did a few in the first lockdown of 2020 and they were good for me.

• Love
Reactions: RJN
Unfortunately I've come away singing Victoria Beckham Venice Bitch and not any of the new ones...I think I overall liked it though. A couple of duds which NFR and BB don't have so it probably won't trouble the top of my personal Lana album chart like I thought it would.

Tunnel is however a contender for top of my personal Lana singles chart...

Is it more of the same old rubbish (no need for death threats - just making conversation) or is it as good as Honeymoon?

Is it more of the same old rubbish (no need for death threats - just making conversation) or is it as good as Honeymoon?
There's a few moments of envelope pushing but the vast majority is along the lines of the last few (apart from Chemtrails).

• Sad
Reactions: Zu
Call him up, come into my bedroom
Ended up, we fuck on the hotel floor
It's not about havin' someone to love me anymore
This is the experience of bein' an American whore

tatianna-choices.gif

To be honest whether I listen to A&W I hear in my head @ZenGiraffe's comments as he listened to it:

"I hate her voice
This is shit
I've lost track of the story
Oh a beat
NOISE!
It's basically a different song
Why did she bother with the first half?!
Her voice is still annoying."

To be honest whether I listen to A&W I hear in my head @ZenGiraffe's comments as he listened to it:

"I hate her voice
This is shit
Oh a beat
NOISE!
It's basically a different song
Why did she bother with the first half?!
Her voice is still annoying."
An entirely reasonable review I think

I find this criticism the most bewildering. The story is ALWAYS THE SAME!

I must say that I like the production and progression of A&W quite engaging. The pretending to be someone she's not, maybe a bit less so

I'm feeling a bit tempted by this having heard three songs which I like. The vinyl would be lovely as the cover is great but I'm NOT getting up and down to fiddle around with TWO DISCS

MAKE SHORTER ALBUMS WITCH!

I'm feeling a bit tempted by this having heard three songs which I like. The vinyl would be lovely as the cover is great but I'm NOT getting up and down to fiddle around with TWO DISCS

MAKE SHORTER ALBUMS WITCH!
have staff do it for you

• Haha
Reactions: Zu
THE WAAAAY JOHN DENVER SINGS

this sync def affirmed for me that The Grants is the best song here and the nearest thing to an instant classic. that lyric above is the best melody on the (sometimes melodically challenged) album.

I agree that the interludes, Kintsugi and Fingertips never need be heard again and that the album is not exactly knocking on the door of NFR!, but still very enjoyable. I'd say it's probably not quite Blue Banisters level but close.

My biggest gripe is the sequencing (aside from the unnecessary interludes). It almost should be played from back to front.

07 The Grants
10 Do you know so and so
08 Sweet
10 A&W
00 Interlude 1
10 Candy Necklace
00 Interlude 2
04 Kinsgtu who even listens to this shit sort it out Lana, I bet you don't like it either b*tch
05 Fingertips
09 Paris Texas
08 Grandfather Song
08 Let The Light In
06 Madge fuck of Jack Antonoff
07 Fishtail, pretty boring but at least there's a tune and a chorus
11 Peppers about time she showed some attitude in one way or another, not since Off To The Races did she use such upbeat production, unfortunately, it's let down by her deadpan delivery. I bet she sounds more lively reading her grocery list.
10 Tack Truck v VB - well it's a given it's amazing

At least Janet Jackson's interludes made you sit and listen even if they were about how moist her vag was.

Hoping she releases a full version of “Taco Truck” the fact that the interludes are longer than it, we lost again :oi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom